Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cleveland Clinic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cleveland Clinic

I would like to get the process started to go to Cleveland Clinic. Where do I start? How do I know what tests are going to be run so I can figure out what insurance will/will not cover, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently asked a similar question, and have received some good recommendations. I will find the links and come back here to add them in. I simply called the doctor someone on this forum had recommended and they didn't even ask for my insurance company. I do plan to call my insurance and make sure all is ok. I have an HMO/POS, which provides for out of network coverage...but I suppose it is possible that they don't approve every doctor and every treatment. I will let you know if I find out more. Now I will go look for those links and add them in.

OK..here is the link where you will see some answers:

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...mendation.html

In my case Wegeners was ruled out, so I was looking more for a good pulmonologist. But there are a few rheumatologists and some pulmys. I also got another recommendation from another thread for Dr. Daniel Culver, who is a pulmonologist. Not sure what kind of doctor you are looking for. Good Luck!
    Last edited by BookNut; 07-15-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you go to the Cleveland Clinics website ,you will be able to find a dr. by his name or specialty.Like a pulmy or a rheumatologist and then you can find out also what diseases or procedures he specializes in and also the insurance they accept. If you want to call the receptionist should be able to tell you about the insurance
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hoping to see. Dr. Langford or Dr. Villa-Forte. I just wasn't sure if I should have my rheumy assist with setting it all up (which she said she is willing to assist) or how it all works. Thanks for the links BookNut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruotsi1 View Post
    I would like to get the process started to go to Cleveland Clinic. Where do I start? How do I know what tests are going to be run so I can figure out what insurance will/will not cover, etc.
    Just call the appointment desk. I see dr villa-forte. My insurance paid all but $35.

(216) 445-9437
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You haven't been on in a while, Mike.... welcome back! Is all going well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I self-referred to Cleveland Clinic. When I called, I asked for the first available appointment with either Dr. Hoffman, Dr. Langford, or Dr. Villa Forte. I got Dr. Villa Forte by the luck of the draw, and I'm very pleased with her care.

You may want to check with your insurance to see if Cleveland Clinic is in your provider network. This would help keep your out-of-pocket cost down.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an appointment set up for next week...praying for good things!!