Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relaspse/Meds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go ahead and have a couple of drinks now and then. I know others would argue about this, and have. I have a drink occasionally and nothing has shown up in my blood work. I'm not a big drinker and haven't been drinking at all lately. I just think sometimes you need to live a little, with moderation and caution. One drink on a special occasion is not going to hurt you, I don't think. It is up to each person to decide for themselves, and I have nothing against those who have decided to abstain altogether while on MTX.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same dual diagnosis as you... And my rheumy has just increased my Imuran in the hopes that it will help my symptoms and help me get off the prednisone, which I'm trying to taper and am now down to 8 mg. My labs look ok other than my usual anemia and a couple of other things slightly off in the haematology panel. I can't tell you yet whether this will be successful, but he seemed to think it worth trying rather than any stronger drug when my vital organs and labs are okay and it's more about trying to get me back some more quality of life... I hope you and your doc are able to get it figured out and that it helps you. I was unable to tolerate methotrexate because of the nausea. I still get nauseous when I think about it or say its name. Weird. My rheumy told me it's a known phenomenon of mtx. 'Anticipatory nausea'. I used to feel sick knowing it would soon be time to inject it... Felt like I was pregnant the whole time I was on it. I do better on the Imuran. Good luck! Keep us posted.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for all your input. Its greatly appreciated. I started MTX last night. Going to give it another try. So far not too bad. But I'm only on 10mg, working my way up to 20mg. My rheumy told me I could have 2 drinks a week. I don't drink often. But maybe once a month I would like to be able to have 2-3 drinks with my girlfriends or husband.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
    Thx for all your input. Its greatly appreciated. I started MTX last night. Going to give it another try. So far not too bad. But I'm only on 10mg, working my way up to 20mg. My rheumy told me I could have 2 drinks a week. I don't drink often. But maybe once a month I would like to be able to have 2-3 drinks with my girlfriends or husband.
    Aha! You got the green light for having a drink or two! But of course the important part is that you are tolerating the MTX so far this time. Best of luck on that, and hope it knocks out the flare.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12