Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New albums posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New albums posted

Since Jaypfei took the initiative and posted pics to share, I created a number of albums as well. These are tough to look at but could help someone in medical need who might be experiencing the same thing. I have created albums for crusting, saddle nose, purpura, and ulcers. To look at albums, go to the top header where it says Community and go to Albums. My phone camera really helped the doctors with my diagnosis. I didn't have all the symptoms at the same time; in fact, I was having a pretty good week when I went to Mayo. Of course, my blood work gave me away, but the pics helped quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Barb. I saw my album was on there, of a few goofy pics, which I didn't intend to be public so I changed it to private. So if anyone sees it let me know and I will delete it. Nothing to hide, just not important enough to be a public album.

I would post some pics of my saddle nose but have no one handy at this time to photograph it for me. BTW, I had those elbow nodules for awhile, several years before any real onset of Wegs... they were accompanied by elbow pain, and not red but hard and knobby... I thought it was arthritis or something like tennis or golf elbow, though I play neither.... they eventually went away and so did the pain. Weird.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Thanks, Barb. I saw my album was on there, of a few goofy pics, which I didn't intend to be public so I changed it to private. So if anyone sees it let me know and I will delete it. Nothing to hide, just not important enough to be a public album.

I would post some pics of my saddle nose but have no one handy at this time to photograph it for me. BTW, I had those elbow nodules for awhile, several years before any real onset of Wegs... they were accompanied by elbow pain, and not red but hard and knobby... I thought it was arthritis or something like tennis or golf elbow, though I play neither.... they eventually went away and so did the pain. Weird.
    I have the elbow nodules. I was told they were Rheumatoid Nodules but now who knows? That was before I was told I have GPA/WG. Mine haven't gone away but have shrunk. They only hurt if I rest weight on them on a table or desk by accident.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    I have the elbow nodules. I was told they were Rheumatoid Nodules but now who knows? That was before I was told I have GPA/WG. Mine haven't gone away but have shrunk. They only hurt if I rest weight on them on a table or desk by accident.
    Thinking back on those nodules, mine also hurt when I leaned on them. And I think they got a little bit red and scabby or rough feeling for a time. Strange how they came and went. My PA did some sort of test for inflammation markers and some xrays of my hands, in conjunction with those and a nodule on my pinkie finger which has also shrunk, and maybe in conjunction with some other occasional joint pain I had had, but didn't come up with anything.... If I'd had RA, it seems likely all that stuff would have lingered, though I don't know much about RA. Anyway, my guess is that that all could have been some sort of preliminary smoldering of GPA, prior to the big ear infection that really signaled the start of active disease, though no one picked up on it at the time.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default elbow nodules

Interesting discussion. I think the nodules are indicative of RA but can be indicative of other inflammatory diseases and vasculitis. I do see it listed as a symptom of Churg-Strauss and GPA. Maybe those of us who have more of the skin issues with GPA get these.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine are under the surface and don't affect the skin. I just checked them and realized they're almost gone!! I've had them for so long that I didn't even think to check when I posted my response here the other day. Could this be a good sign? I hope so... I should be systematically tracking symptoms, but I don't. Just randomly rant in a journal, aloud, and here when I'm having a rough day.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    Mine are under the surface and don't affect the skin. I just checked them and realized they're almost gone!! I've had them for so long that I didn't even think to check when I posted my response here the other day. Could this be a good sign? I hope so... I should be systematically tracking symptoms, but I don't. Just randomly rant in a journal, aloud, and here when I'm having a rough day.
    Let's hope it is a good sign... maybe your treatment is zapping the inflammation and disease activity that was causing them. In my case, they may have been a sign of things to come, but I'm still glad they went away and haven't returned.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure where this will get the most views but I want to thank everyone for posting pictures. I get very scared when I look at pics on google. Very disturbing and misleading pictures pop up. I don't have any visible signs of wegs otherwise I would post as well. My rheumy always checks my elbows but I didn't realize why until I saw the post about elbow nodules.

Thanks for sharing! These pictures share knowledge and knowledge is powerful!