User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: how many of us have saddle nose ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Saddle nose here either. But I have basically minimal sinus involvement.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the first 12 months of being diagnosed, my nose became so swollen and painful I could hardly bear to wash my face, but it eventually it calmed down and, surprisingly - no saddle nose.

Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have sinus involvement including nasal and facial pain but I do not have any signs of a saddle nose. My fingers are crossed that it won't become an issue. I'm making note of all the advice from those who have done it just in case!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, we are "beating"the saddle nose: counting so far : 13 don't have it. 9 do
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lag713 View Post
    I have sinus involvement including nasal and facial pain but I do not have any signs of a saddle nose. My fingers are crossed that it won't become an issue. I'm making note of all the advice from those who have done it just in case!
    lag713,
    Have you ever experienced any sneezing fits followed by bleeding?
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to occasionally have some blood in my tissues a couple of months ago but no nose bleeds or nasal crusting. When I sneeze, I sneeze 2-3 times in a row but nothing like a fit of sneezing. My allergies are typically red, watery eyes and a runny/stuffy nose with the classic allergy haze.

My ENT did an endoscopy a few months ago and said everything looked good. The nasal/facial pain may be related to inflammation caused by wegs and allergies. He offered to put me on prednisone (I'm only taking mtx right now) but when we discussed the pros/cons it seemed like I would prefer staying away from pred for now. My nose has been a bit sensitive of late so I plan to ask about getting a sinus CT to see if there is anything visibly going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I've been diagnosed with Weigners four surgeries down after being sick for nearly a year. And got a saddle nose. How long does the disease take to go into remission? I live in New Delhi, India.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sukriti and welcome to the forum.
    I'm sorry that you have been diagnosed with WG but I'm glad that you are here.

It's hard to now how to answer your question without knowing the history and the medications that you are on.
    Remission is a tricking thing. Some find themselves med free within 12 months and others are still going after many many years.

Take some time and read some stories in Member Introductions etc. and maybe (when you feel able), you can add your own story.

We look forward to hearing more from you and learning of your journey so far
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, thanks for welcoming me, means a lot 😃. I've been on steroids for the last 10 months n chemo for 6.5 months. Now I'm currently on 5mg a day n on Azoran 100mg a day which doc said will continue for a year +.. This forum is so enlightening, thank you whoever started it 👍

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already on 5mg of steroids is a great sign. I hope they have made you feel more human and less .....blah

Yes I agree, it is a great forum and you will find someone on here any time of the day - which is awesome
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast