User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: how many of us have saddle nose ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Does the ENT say your deviated septum is caused by Wegs? I have heard a few on here talking about their noses becoming crooked, but not saddled. I already had a mildly deviated septum, as do most in my family and, I have read, quite a few people in the general population. It wasn't causing me much problems with breathing, unless things got totally clogged, and neither does my saddle nose. Just curious if this is another side effect of Wegs; seems like it could easily be.
    He never said the ent was kind of 2ndary in my treatment locally. I see my first visit to the University ENT in a few weeks I will ask his opinion. I always guessed I did after something at work almost 15 years ago because shortly after that breathing thru my nose felt a bit strained but the more I learn about WG for all I know that could have been when it first started showing and knowing nothing about it I attributed it to the work issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris.wg View Post
    No saddle nose though the ent says I have a mildly deviated septium and several senecia <spelling> formed in my sinus cavity. That causes its share of issues with breathing especially when I wake up with a full sinus that I have to try to clear out around them.
    I also have a deviated septum and very narrowed nasal breathing space whatever that's called, with "adhesions".
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    One more clarification here, Lisa; I was not awaiting a diagnosis. I thought like the ENT thought that I had severe allergies and chronic sinus issues related to that. When my lungs got bad was when someone mentioned Wegs and the dx by nasal biopsy came soon after that, just after I noticed the nose. I wish I knew for sure when the nose dropped! But I don't, and no one mentioned it; my glasses hide it pretty well. I noticed it by running my finger along the bridge of my nose, and not by seeing it. That doesn't mean it isn't ugly, especially from some angles.
    Sorry I misunderstood or misstated. If others didn't notice maybe it doesn't look as bad as you think? I haven't noticed in your pics but I know you said glasses hide it.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    I also have a deviated septum and very narrowed nasal breathing space whatever that's called, with "adhesions".
    I also have "adhesions" deep inside.
    counting so far: 6 have it. 5 not.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I misunderstood or misstated. If others didn't notice maybe it doesn't look as bad as you think? I haven't noticed in your pics but I know you said glasses hide it.
    No problem; in a sense I WAS waiting for a dx, just didn't know it. It's true the glasses hide the nose well.... I notice in Alysia's pics her glasses tend to draw attention away from it. I know a couple friends have noticed it with my glasses on while others have had to have it pointed out, some are just more observant or tuned in to visuals than others. In general, I don't think people notice it much, or if they do, maybe they think I'm a druggie. If you see it from the side without my glasses, it is very obvious and weird looking. But few ever see it that way. I usually don't think about it when dealing with customers. It is in fact a fairly moderate one compared to others I've seen pics of or heard about, and I can usually breathe fine through it, so I guess I'm relatively lucky.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I also have "adhesions" deep inside.
    counting so far: 6 have it. 5 not.
    No one has said I have those, but I wonder. I sometimes think I feel things in there that are sort of stuck and won't move. But they aren't very big.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a deviated septum too and now I have some bony growths, but ENT says I don't have wegs in my sinuses.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My saddle nose started as a small dent in the upper bridge of my nose. It is basically how I knew the disease was back in Oct 2012. I remember snarffing bloody chunks, having the horrible headaches and pain in my ears. Actual pain from the saddle nose??? Nope. This relapse is what destroyed my hearing in left ear and then started to destroy my hearing in right ear.
    I had sinus biopsies Dec 2012 and at that time my ENT widened the left nostril so that I could breathe through it. It was so narrow that any inflammation would close it off. He also replaced the tubes in my ears.
    I do have a picture in my profile of the saddle nose, as well as a picture on my FB page.
    I don't feel self conscious at all. My glasses camouflage the condition and truthfully as long as it doesn't interfere with my breathing, I don't have plans to have corrective surgery. People seem to take more notice of my BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid) than my saddle nose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me, too, Jolinda, no pain from the saddle nose. I had read about them and when I felt the bridge of my nose one day, I knew it had to be. This was just a couple days after the doc in the hospital during my overnight stay had mentioned WG as a possibility after seeing the CT scan of my lungs. If it was there then, he either didn't notice it (glasses) or didn't mention it. Not likely I'll ever get the surgery, either.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have lots of pains in my nose for years (prob when the "saddling" was created) which stopped only after the rtx. still my nose "feels" "fragile"
    counting so far: 7 have it. 5 not. Cindy, I didn't understand, do you have a saddle nose ? from your pic it seems that not... ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast