Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No whining

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No whining

Its been about 5 months now and I have been feeling truly outstanding. I'm not sure what it is, but suspect a combination of 5mg/pred/day (new for me), gabapentin (neruopath pain blocker), and steroid shots in my knees.

I have had good times before, but this is the first time in 4 years that I actually feel almost normal, not just new normal, but back to the way it used to be. I have lots of energy and pretty much zero pain (but I am on tramadol). I'm sleeping well, eating well, and living pretty normal. I have been working on my MG a lot and making plans for more trips (I hope to go to UK for 3 months this fall, but wife wants to go NZ/AU). I sure hope this lasts.

Funny aside.... On my last annual, mandatory VA appt a week ago, the doc counted my drugs and said "hmmmm, 23, we need to cut that down to 5. yeah, no more than 5". I asked him if he had even looked at the diseases I have and he said "you should still be on no more than 5". My faith and confidence in the system went right down a rat hole at that point. Nevertheless, they set me up for an appt with a clinical pharmacists to cut down my drugs. Ha, fat chance! You can talk and I will listen, but nothing changes. Sheeezeee.... I need 9 of those drugs to just stay in a vertical position and keep breathing.

Anyway, I'm feeling great and hope it lasts.... I know it won't, but I can hope.... :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it lasts too, make the most of this good time and store the memories in case you end up back at the new normal. Enjoy.
    Mike
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very happy that you're feeling so good mate!! May it last forever!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub this is an awesome report

It's about time that you got your share of the good times

I too, hope it last forever and who knows, your wife might just get her trip to Oz
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to Oz and NZ and the UK, and don't forget about Swift Current.....
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey vdub!
    Great to read and share your good news! Sam and I would love to meet you again if you decide to head our way again,maybe we could show you a little more of our county and not just a shopping centre!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear your feeling well. We all need our good times. Keep the reports coming in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Go to Oz and NZ and the UK, and don't forget about Swift Current.....
    and Israel as well
    I am glad that you feel good
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's awesome news!!! Gives me such hope. I'd assumed there'd never be any going back to 'Normal', not even sure I remember what it feels like. I hope it lasts and lasts...
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi vdub,

Hope you are still hanging on to that "Feel Good" moment and just to spur you on a bit more I have attached a couple of pics of my Brother in Law's MGA after reconstruction. It had been exported to the USA but never assembled and so he had it shipped back to the UK, still wrapped in the original protective wrapping, and then put together by a mate in a local garage.
    Hope the progress on yopur MGA matches your mood and that you get on that open road real soon with the top down!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast