Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aneurysms in my hands

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aneurysms in my hands

I had a lot of advice from quite a few of you to get back to my Rhemy, well got a new one when got home from FL. What I thought was cyst in my hands turned out to be aneurysms, surprise just not a good one. My inflamation was very high and going on the RTX infusions soon, which from what I read could help the aneurysms settle down/may even go away. I guess letting it get out of range is not good at all, guess I knew that maybe hiding from the WG's a little.

Wondering if anyone else out there had this, doc's said not rare to form in the body due to the vasculitis issues. My kidneys have been good even though it is common for some to get aneurysms around or by them.

Head is spinning with this info, had this 8 years, but they think WG's really began about 15 years ago just not found that early.

Thanks for the ear and any advice__Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mary I've not heard of anyone with the aneurysms, but it makes total sense since we can get blood clots much easier. The vasculitis could cause the walls of the blood vessels become weak which would allow them to bulge for lack of a better word. I hope the RTX helps get everything under control for you. My prayers are with you.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Cindy prayer are always good! I did some reading and just what you said about the vasculitis is pretty much what the things I found said, we just aren't always aware of them. The infusion maybe a big help need I say that is my hope.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a cyst in my left wrist on one at the top of my foot above my right ankle.

Rheumy advised that they are cysts and are very common in vasculitis.

Had never heard of them being aneurysms, but what Cindy says, makes sense.

Good luck with the RTX infusions when you get them Mary
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I found one post on this site for I think a was John that had an aneurysm from this mess we have, it gave me hope the infusion may help as his doc said keeping the inflammation done was the key.

I did or so I thought so good for quite awhile. So glad I found this site and people urged me to go back to a rhemy (where I should have stayed) as I really was burying my head in the sand hiding from this awful disease. I am tough, beat cancer may not beat Wegs in the end, but will give it a hell of a run lol!

We just had our 4th Great-Granddaughter and a 5th coming in December so lots to look towards. I love your quote!

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The RTX had to be stopped 50 mins into it as I reacted. I have an appointment for Cleveland Clinic Dr. Alexandra Ville-Forte on August 14th she is suppose to be one of the best around for weggies. We shall see what the next drug is and hope if reduces the inflammation, which was told by another doc it will open the blood vessel maybe able to get a handle on this problem. I am in an area that only has 7 rhemys and none that are able to really handle this as I have learned lots from this site. I have learned more from this site than the doc I have had so Cleveland Clinic here I come!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad to hear you are going to see Dr Villa-Forte at CC. She has seen me since dx'd in 2010 and I go about every 3-4 months for now. How far are you from the clinic? There are cheaper places to stay than at the Intercontinental place at the clinic, if you need info on some places send me a private message. You will definitely need to take everything, that is, results of ct scans and maybe last labs with you.
    All the best to you!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info and I take it you really like her? We are in the Kalamazoo MI area so not a terrible drive. We got a room at the Double Tree Tudor Arms for $119 a night so not to bad and they have a shuttle. I had everything I could faxed over and ct scans are old this rhemy here hasn't really done anything. I had a couple of x rays from a fall that showed I was alright from the fall so doubt she would want that. Do you think she would want a ct scan that is several years old?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad that you already have booked your room. She will probably send you for a ct scan that day and do lots of blood work. Let us know how things go at CC. Have a safe trip some and I hope you find out some answers and get the proper tx.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will let you know and I am sure your right about the scan. I am feel really good about getting some "real" help with my weggies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast