User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No brainer!!! How to help Wegeners...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No brainer!!! How to help Wegeners...

All,

I just want to shout this, ya'll have to check out Paleo. It is a no brainer for folks like us with auto-immune issues. Eating dairy and grains just aggravates the immune system. You really want to be poking a sleeping bear once Wegs is in remission???

Found this link, the bottom post is for someone with Wegneners Wegener's Granulomatosis | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page

From my experience now that I cut out grains and dairy I find that I get immediately sick when eating them, that tells me that they are no bueno for me. My sleep also greatly improved once going gluten free, which is what I first started with.

Anyway I just read things on the forum and can not believe that folks don't talk about the most natural way to help themselves.

For reference check out these two books, in my opinion they are the best out there for Paleo understanding and recipe ideas.
    Amazon.com: Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle eBook: Diane Sanfilippo, Robb Wolf, Bill Staley: Kindle Store

Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great: Danielle Walker: 9781936608362: Amazon.com: Books

Ok rant over. But this is dead simple. And this comes from a Big Mac loving girl that was not all that healthy but I stick to this because I truly think that it will help me avoid flares, and because I get so dang sick when I eat what is not good for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree as I believe I am Wheat intolerant, and whether or not this is a by product of WG, or which came first I dont know.
    I am frantically researching all I can and cannot thank you enough for these links
    Last edited by Geoff; 06-27-2014 at 06:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too get sick with wheat and dairy. Dairy is immediate, wheat more of a delayed reaction. It's very sad. I miss pizza. Even more, I miss applewood smoked cheddar on slides of crusty baguette... Some day hopefully very far in the future, when my end is near, I will ask for a big platter of cheeses and Hoover them all down when it doesn't matter any more. In the meantime, thanks for the helpful info!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been eating paleo for a few months now and it really helps. Also gluton free works.
    ~everyday is another chance~

dx December 30th 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post
    Ive been eating paleo for a few months now and it really helps. Also gluton free works.
    I'm still confused about meat... Paleo seems to include a lot of it, yet the anti-inflammatory diet suggests really limiting at least red meat. I'm trying to just eat it infrequently. What's your take on meat? Have you cut out all grains or just those with gluten? I'm still trying to fine-tune this... And some day cut out the gummy sour candies...
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LisaT - Paleo has meat, but others say not to eat it. Just depends on who you listen to. Really have to find what works for your body because one thing will tell you no red meat and one will tell you it is great. Paleo is basically cutting out dairy and grains which can inflame the immune system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't agree with you more aewaustin! I have been following the Paleo diet for the past three years and it has really helped me.
    Lost the steroid weight and managed to stay in remission...with a just few hiccups now and then....but so much better than I was before.
    And I too loved my big macs and pizzas.

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat pizza and Big Macs every now and then with no problems. "MY" Granulomatosis with polyangiitis must agree with me orI must have a "different version" of the disease or I just do nothave "other conditions or diseases”. Hmmm how bizarre. So bewildering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My belief - and there is no scientific evidence to support it - is that there are perhaps 3 different optimal eating patterns, and that one pattern can "borrow" a little bit from another. I came to this conclusion by watching my family. People naturally gravitate to particular foods to comprise most of their diet (we're not talking cravings here). My husband is of Norwegian heritage and he eats fish, particularly salmon, all the time. He does not care for grains, greens, chooks, or root vegetables. He'll eat them but would rather not. I know, it doesn't appear healthy, but he eats lots of fruit, and he likes green salads, and he thrives on it. I call his type of eating "Fisherman". Me? I can't stand fish, unless it's fish and chips! But I thrive on a "Farmer" diet - the grains, greens, chooks, root veg. My heritage is Scottish/German farmers. My daughter likes it all, but eats mostly "Vegetarian" and red meat (meat only because she cannot absorb enough iron). We three all borrow a bit from each others' diets, but what we borrow is small compared to our basic "Fisherman", "Farmer", or "Vegetarian" eating pattern. I have observed my parents and grandparents, and my in-laws. Each person eats/ate according to their individual type and both families are very long-lived (85-104 years).
    Just thought I'd toss this out into the ether. It's just my speculation. Scientists are doing research on this all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paleo is much too meat heavy and will increase cholesterol ?Paleo? Diet Leads to Worsening Cholesterol | Physicians Committee.

Vegan is the best diet IMO. Watch food matters FOODMATTERS® | Natural Health & Nutrition | FOODMATTERS®

Don't make it all about you though - vegan is better for the animals whose life you don't take and the environment also. A win all round.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast