Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Minnesota

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Greg. You've been through a lot and will hopefully continue to share your experiences with the group. This is a good place to rant, ask questions, and share knowledge. I'm glad you found our little family and sorry you had a reason to, but if you have to have wegs this is the place to be. Great support here.

How are you doing now? Are you still on meds or are you happily in remission?
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Welcome to the family Greg. Curious as to which docs you saw at Mayo. Do you still go for follow ups there?
    Phil, thank you for the warm welcome. The last time I was at the Mayo Clinic, I saw Dr. Ytterberg. He seemed like a good doctor, but I went to the Mayo Clinic once and haven't gone for follow-ups since then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Welcome Greg. You've been through a lot and will hopefully continue to share your experiences with the group. This is a good place to rant, ask questions, and share knowledge. I'm glad you found our little family and sorry you had a reason to, but if you have to have wegs this is the place to be. Great support here.

How are you doing now? Are you still on meds or are you happily in remission?
    Hi Cindy, thank you for the warm welcome. I am hanging there after my WG came out of remission. Until recently, I was in happily in remission for about 3 to 4 years.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It look likes, I will be going to the Mayo Clinic after all. My doctor's office called and informed me that the protein levels in my urine has increased since my last urine test in May.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that, but you will be in good hands there.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm late to the party but I thought I should join in welcoming you to the forum! I hope you find us to be a welcoming and warm bunch of weggies. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. I am 27 (ack... 28 in a few days) and was recently diagnosed. A pulmonary doc asked me if I ever said "Why me?" and I explained that my bigger issue has been "why now?". I wish I could've had my 20s and 30s (even my 40s but now I'm getting greedy) in good health and fewer worries. Like you, I've had good friends and some family support. I don't know what I would do if it were not for my husband's support though.

You've come such a long way since your diagnosis. I hope your protein levels decrease soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lag713 View Post
    I'm late to the party but I thought I should join in welcoming you to the forum! I hope you find us to be a welcoming and warm bunch of weggies. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. I am 27 (ack... 28 in a few days) and was recently diagnosed. A pulmonary doc asked me if I ever said "Why me?" and I explained that my bigger issue has been "why now?". I wish I could've had my 20s and 30s (even my 40s but now I'm getting greedy) in good health and fewer worries. Like you, I've had good friends and some family support. I don't know what I would do if it were not for my husband's support though.

You've come such a long way since your diagnosis. I hope your protein levels decrease soon.

Lag713,
    Thank you for the warm welcome . It is never too late to join the party. Everyone on the forum have been awesome . When I was diagnosed with Wegeners Granulomatosis (23 years old). I found myself asking the same questions as you. Like, "Why me", "What caused this to happened", "Why now", and "What did I do to deserve this"? With help from my friends and my family, I was able to beat my wegeners granulomatosis over time. However, I do find myself asking other questions that pertain to my kidneys and my appointment at the Mayo Clinic. Then I tell me myself, "I will make it through this, I will not back down, I will triumph and become stronger".

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stay strong! You know you're in good hands!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello neighbor, I am from that part of the country too. Currently all my Doctors are in the Twin Cities. I was just Diagnosed for real Easter this year. I did have pneumonia for Christmas while in AZ. Docs there did think I had WGA but was not verified until another flare up at Easter this year. This is all new to me and in reading some of the posts here make me think I should have been more worried about it than I have been. But for me just another day in the life.... Now feeling really glad I was only on 60 MG Prednisone as a lot of you seem to have been even higher. I do admit that I have gotten almost all of the side effects from it. I decided to taper just a little faster than the Doc wanted but I did keep him informed as I did it. I am now down to just 5mg and feeling much better. Nice to know that long term looks good. I had 5 rounds of plasma exchange and then 4 doses of Rituximab via IV. Feeling better all the time. Good luck to you!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12