My father was diagnosed with WG about 4 years ago. At the time he had may symptoms including failing kidneys. After almost a year of misdiagnosing individual symptoms he was finally diagnosed with WG. Unfortunately by the time the got the diagnosis right he had already lost kidney function. He has been on dialysis ever since.

His current doctor seems to be treating the symptoms rather than the disease even though he is the one who diagnosed it. The doctor gives him medicine for his sinus issues and joint pain. My dad has been unable to eat well for months now and has lost a lot of weight. He feels sick after taking a few bites so the doctor gave him anti-nausea pills and ordered CT scans which show nothing. They say his blood work is fine. They want to do upper and lower GI's to see if there is anything wrong.

This all sounds completely wrong to me. He has WG so why aren't they treating that?

If anyone has a reference to a good doctor in the Dallas / Fort Worth area I would greatly appreciate it. My parents live half way between Dallas & Fort Worth in Arlington, TX. Somewhere close would be nice but any doctor would do as long as they know what they are doing with WG.