Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rituximab Co-pay card thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a person who worked for the IRS I would hazard a guess that the company writes it off unless they told you otherwise. Did they ask for your SSN? They would need that to 1099 you for the cost. I would think they would have to advise you of any tax consequences involved. With that being said I've never heard of something like this being taxable, but that doesn't mean it isn't so.

On the other hand if you have insurance I would think they bill your insurance and then write off whatever the insurance doesn't pay minus whatever your copay is. Just my two cents worth.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks cindy that's kinda how I thought it worked but... its still something to look into

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris.wg View Post
    If I only file short form and it is not actually income I never see the money is it still something that would need to be claimed? I know if I file long claiming medical expenses I would but not sure when it will be worth my while to claim medical expenses since I have a fairly low deductible on the stuff my insurance dose cover. Which luckily is most of my treatments. This was just new water for me I asked about it and the card is what I was refered to.
    Chris if for some reason you have to claim it as income (as previously stated highly unlikely) then you would definitely want to go long form to claim the medical expenses as that would be considered one. It used to be you could not claim medical until it was over 7% of your AGI. I think that changed this year and it's more, but worth checking into if all that becomes a reality.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Chris if for some reason you have to claim it as income (as previously stated highly unlikely) then you would definitely want to go long form to claim the medical expenses as that would be considered one. It used to be you could not claim medical until it was over 7% of your AGI. I think that changed this year and it's more, but worth checking into if all that becomes a reality.
    Thanks Cindy I will keep a eye on this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just registered my card...I was having a hard time really understanding how this works??
    Faith.Hope.Love.
    Fighting Since 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called and had it sent to me. I got a little run around at the hospital not on purpose but no one knew what it was. This happened after I posted the thread. Lucky for me the infusion registration woman who recommended it to me was eventually who I was on the phone with. I explained to her the issue she said ok I'm bit sure the issue but give me the number. Next thing I know I got a call back from her and she said your in the system set up and taken care of. I hope not everyone who uses this card has issues. But even with the issues rituxan is EXPENSIVE. Its good to know there are means other then insurance to help pay for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12