Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rituximab Co-pay card thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rituximab Co-pay card thread

As promised in a early post this is the number to Genetech BioiOcology Co-Pay card for rituximab. Brief summary it works with your insurance to help you pay for the drug itself.

1-855-692-6729 or 855 mycopay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for sharing.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem. I hope it helps some. Just keep in mind you have to be preapproved and at a approved center. But it sounds like a lot of us at least in the US are likely to be at approved centers. What the approval process is I don't know. I called answered a few basic questions I have gotten from most of my doctors. Heard typing like maybe a look up after I said where I was being treated and a min or so later she said yes chris you are approved and gave me a number. The only heads up I have to give is the "card" isn't actually a card like you would think it comes printed on a paper with a brief benefit explanation. At the bottom looks like a photocopy of a credit card but the information actually on that photocopy is the card info you will need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got this for my infusion in March. Basically they covered my entire 10000 copay amount minus a small co-payment to them. Somewhat nervous how that will impact my taxes But I didn't have to charge up a credit card to get the infusion at least.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be gifted up to $14,000.00 and not have to even report it. Certainly check with CPA, however that happened to me. Mine however was a family member but I don't know that it would matter, a gift is a gift.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhat nervous how that will impact my taxes
    I wouldn't even have thought about that, Bob. Good catch! Now, I'm going to forget about it. Ignorance is a defense, right? Dog ate my homework? My hard drive failed? One of those ought to work for the IRS I suppose....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I only file short form and it is not actually income I never see the money is it still something that would need to be claimed? I know if I file long claiming medical expenses I would but not sure when it will be worth my while to claim medical expenses since I have a fairly low deductible on the stuff my insurance dose cover. Which luckily is most of my treatments. This was just new water for me I asked about it and the card is what I was refered to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess my answer will be I know a cpa 2nd hand. My bosses wife so I will have to sit down with her and find out what she says.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm certainly no tax expert, but having been a participant in the US tax system for a number of years, I'd say it would be treated just like lottery winnings, game show winnings, or race track winnings. It's income and taxable. But who knows. Our tax code is thousands of page long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it's not counted as income, but if you find out I'd love to know earlier rather than later

Though the fact that it all went to a medical expense might offset it as well.
    ~ Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast