Thread: stress is not good for us

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post stress is not good for us

Stress is not good for us. Isn’t is ?
    I don’t know if I am going to share the "content" of my stress.
    I just wanted to cry a bit here and to tell how much I am tired...
    And sick of that stress. Literally. Chills and pains in the back and aching all over and it looks like prob another uti. So I took on my own the antibiotics that I have for it to kick it fast.
    I know what makes me sick this time.
    Thanks for listening. Thanks for being here. I love you all
    this can be a thread for all of us to "discharge" our tears and other feelings and ways of handling our stresss.....
    thanks again.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understanding this connection is going to help you find ways to prevent it in future. We know it mentally, but being mindful of it in the moment it's occurring and feeling what it's actually doing to your body is a huge revelation. This is progress. Maybe next time you can refuse to 'take it on' and put up some boundaries or block out the negative energy. I can't do it myself (at least not well enough or often enough), but if and when I can I think it will help immensely. AND, I'm sorry you're feeling crummy and love you too! It occurs to me that we can't afford to keep situations or people who knowingly make us feel this way...

hope you feel better soon.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia I'm so sorry you are feeling stress. Maybe a meditation to help calm you. Some deep breaths or time with nature or your kitties. Go to your happy place. If you don't have one, create it. Everyone should have a happy place where they can go (mentally) to destress. I'm sending you love and healing energies to help you rebound. Love you too.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, sending you support and hugs!! You are always there for everyone else, sending strength and encouragement. I hope you pass this period really fast.
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Lisa, and Cindy and Joyce
    here is my happy place once I share and cry, very shortly after I can breath better and continue more easily. I am easy to calm down. I am still wondering if I better share more or not....
    thanks for being here. I invite others to share their's issues.
    I love you all
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry sweetie pie. I wish I could hold you right now. I know the cause of your stress. You just need some good lovin from Dr. Phil.....
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I'm so sorry sweetie pie. I wish I could hold you right now. I know the cause of your stress. You just need some good lovin from Dr. Phil.....
    thank you from the bottom of my heart, Dr. Phil without your kindness and awesome help I would have being dead by now. we are very blessed to have you with us. God bless your good soul
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the stress connection is very real. For everyone, I'm sure, but it seems particularly so for those with WG or other AI diseases. It is just hard to talk about with everyone because it sounds like what everyone goes through. But they don't understand how quickly stress can increase our symptoms or make us sicker, and that it is ongoing, for the rest of our lives.

Alysia, I'm glad that writing about it might relieve some of the stress. Only share what you are completely comfortable sharing. I hope you don't get another UTI and that you feel much better soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think our stresses, like so many other things, are similar, and I feel your pain. Unfortunately I don't know the solution, but feel free to share more if you want to. I think it is key for all of us to learn boundaries, better ways of dealing with and not absorbing the stress. Mindfulness, meditation, yoga, a good laugh, exercise, spending time with those people with whom we feel happy, relaxed and good, saying no to activities and people who make us feel depleted. I think for me these lessons are part of why these illnesses are in my life. They are my life lessons to learn this time around. I am noticing more the immediate effects in my body when I have negative encounters or experiences. The next step will be to repel the negative energy or darkness and refuse to take it on or take it in... For those who think that's all too woo-woo, I just need to learn to not let myself get stressed. Does any of this seem like it would help you? I've started avoiding the people in bad moods when their bad moods tend to affect me. Not really possible when it's my kids, but anyone else I can walk away from when I want to. My kids I can and do try to teach them to manage their own emotions and behaviour and not take things out on the people around them. It's a work in progress. I hope tonight and tomorrow are better for you...
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Lisa for the good advices and for your caring and kindness.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast