Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: stress is not good for us

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've been in my thoughts all night and morning. I'm sorry that the relief you're feeling and the beginning of your next phase are marred by the monsters and the rockets. I'm relieved for you about the divorce and hope that there is a weight off your shoulders, your heart, and your soul. You are a beautiful person and deserve to be loved unselfishly and treated like a queen. I know that you will have some trying times but I also know you're heading in the right direction and towards better things. I'm also sure that this will help you to achieve remission. I sense that you were being depleted by the situation and now you will have more strength. Praying for peace, for you and your family, and for your safe travel. (And doing a relief dance!)
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Alysia, I am so sorry you are going through so much! You are such a wonderful person, and I am sending positive thoughts your way to help you get through this rough time. And I hope you, your family, and your friends stay safe in all that is happening in Israel.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ingemlb View Post
    drz my counsellor told me to go back to the tribunal and ask them to do an audit of the Administration service. Trouble is I am physically not up to going through all that again right now. So I need to just struggle on with what's in place until I feel a bit better.

Thanks everyone for caring and your words of comfort. if it continues the Psychiatrist will do something. In the meantime I have another counselling appointment next monday so will see how that goes or back to the GP to discuss the problem.
    Here in the USA we might be able to get an attorney to pursue such action through legal aid and farm it out to them and let them fight the system and get some resolution and satisfaction. Are there any volunteer professionals available to help in this case? I realize that not every place is as fortunate to have as many resources.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that this sad ending will ultimately be the beginning of an awesome new life for you! You deserve a stress free life!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I'm sorry I had to catch up reading this thread and I am so sorry you have been suffering in silence over your divorce. I know it is a hard thing to go through..I've done it twice. But things happen for a reason and hopefully you will find someone else soon to fill the void you have and make you happy as you deserve to be. I pray God keeps you and your loved ones ( and everyone there ) safe. Please be careful,even while taking your walks.And try to remeber the dog picture a few pages back.,now its time for you to just pee on it and walk away. Sending you love and hugs.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia I feel very sad for you. When a relationship ends it is always rather tragic regardless if it was happy or not. Once upon a time there was enough love to start it so it makes me sad when the love disappears. I hope you will start to feel stronger and able to start a new life for yourself.

As this has become our “destressing” thread I thought I may as well get it all of my chest again. We have been totally stressed out again too. Our son is in the middle of a psychotic episode after everything seemingly going very well with him. We think it may be that he was taking regular medication on top of his injections and maybe suddenly ran out but he doesn’t admit not taking them. Anyway he has fallen foul with the owners and staff of the residence he lives in and they contacted the Mental Health Crisis team to get him assessed and put into hospital for a few days to stabilise. The Crisis team disagreed he was sick enough. But he was supposedly upsetting all the other residents and staff and up all night disturbing the peace. He himself claims he is being victimised by certain staff members but that makes no sense as only a few weeks ago we were told how much they liked him there. My husband noticed the other day he was acting strange when he took him out for lunch so it was not a total surprise.

Anyway he is refusing to comply with the house rules. The psychiatrist is refusing to put him into hospital. The Residence is refusing to take him back without treatment so it was either the street or coming home. So he has been sent home to us for 4 nights whilst this is sorted out All this has been traumatic for him making him even more ill. It appears to us that the treatment team and the residence are not seeing eye to eye and have some gripes against each other and he is the meat in the sandwich now. We however agree he needs to be in hospital but it’s not up to us to admit him.

The crisis team will visit each night and give him any extra meds they think he needs. But I know for a fact he will be sitting half the night on the patio where he likes to pray out loud at the top of his voice and that’s right next door to our neighbour’s bedroom. Or he will retire to his room and be in and out all night having a smoke. In either case what he won’t do is go to sleep

If this doesn’t resolve then the residence will kick him out and then we are worse off than we were early last year when he was living in a bungalow in our back yard. The bungalow has since been repossessed by the government (he was renting it from them) so that’s is no longer an option and we can’t simply turn back the clock and start this all over again. It was hard enough last year but now with this illness on top of it and my husband just turned 70 so we are not fit enough to deal with recurring psychotic episodes. The Residence he is living in are supposed to be set up to deal with these things but they need the support of the treatment team and obviously are not getting it.
    "Slow and Steady wins the Race"
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ingemlb View Post
    Alysia I feel very sad for you. When a relationship ends it is always rather tragic regardless if it was happy or not. Once upon a time there was enough love to start it so it makes me sad when the love disappears. I hope you will start to feel stronger and able to start a new life for yourself.

As this has become our “destressing” thread I thought I may as well get it all of my chest again. We have been totally stressed out again too. Our son is in the middle of a psychotic episode after everything seemingly going very well with him. We think it may be that he was taking regular medication on top of his injections and maybe suddenly ran out but he doesn’t admit not taking them. Anyway he has fallen foul with the owners and staff of the residence he lives in and they contacted the Mental Health Crisis team to get him assessed and put into hospital for a few days to stabilise. The Crisis team disagreed he was sick enough. But he was supposedly upsetting all the other residents and staff and up all night disturbing the peace. He himself claims he is being victimised by certain staff members but that makes no sense as only a few weeks ago we were told how much they liked him there. My husband noticed the other day he was acting strange when he took him out for lunch so it was not a total surprise.

Anyway he is refusing to comply with the house rules. The psychiatrist is refusing to put him into hospital. The Residence is refusing to take him back without treatment so it was either the street or coming home. So he has been sent home to us for 4 nights whilst this is sorted out All this has been traumatic for him making him even more ill. It appears to us that the treatment team and the residence are not seeing eye to eye and have some gripes against each other and he is the meat in the sandwich now. We however agree he needs to be in hospital but it’s not up to us to admit him.

The crisis team will visit each night and give him any extra meds they think he needs. But I know for a fact he will be sitting half the night on the patio where he likes to pray out loud at the top of his voice and that’s right next door to our neighbour’s bedroom. Or he will retire to his room and be in and out all night having a smoke. In either case what he won’t do is go to sleep

If this doesn’t resolve then the residence will kick him out and then we are worse off than we were early last year when he was living in a bungalow in our back yard. The bungalow has since been repossessed by the government (he was renting it from them) so that’s is no longer an option and we can’t simply turn back the clock and start this all over again. It was hard enough last year but now with this illness on top of it and my husband just turned 70 so we are not fit enough to deal with recurring psychotic episodes. The Residence he is living in are supposed to be set up to deal with these things but they need the support of the treatment team and obviously are not getting it.
    Some times you have to persist in making them aware of the severity of the problems caused by the mental illness before they can or will respond. Most likely they view his case or problem less severe than others they are attempting to manage at this time. If there are any possible indications of potential for violence toward himself or others they most likely will deem his case more serious and in need of in patient care. Some times it is necessary to ask peace officers to intervene and often after several such calls they will see the person gets some help.

A second opinion from another psychiatrist might also yield a different opinion. Years ago it was very easy around here to get inpatient care for persons with mental illness but some thought it was too easy so they made it much more difficult and then with cut backs in mental health services many people with mental illness ended up on streets and in jails.

Sorry to hear you have to deal with this most unpleasant and stressful situation. Hope it some how gets addressed to result in a better situation for all.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inge, I'm sad for you and your son, that he has become so unstable and that you, with all your existing issues, are having this extra burden laid upon you again. Mental illness is an awful thing. I have a brother who has some issues there and has been on and off the street, currently living in a subsidized apartment. But he doesn't appear to be in nearly as bad a shape as your son. This kind of stress you really don't need, especially having him on the premises. But I know you will worry and be stressed even if he is somewhere else. You are a good mother, and there is only so much you can do. It is heartbreaking to know you are going through this. I can only hope he will be stabilized by taking his meds, or whatever will do it, and that he can return to his residence and be on more of an even keel. Will be thinking of you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry Inge that you are having to go through this right now. Mental illness is a tough thing to deal with and you can only do so much sometimes. This doesn't mean you are bad parents, it just means the resources aren't there to help you. I hope they will be able to get him stabilized at home and the residence will take him back for both you sakes. Please try to get some rest and use your counselor as this is what they are there for. Much love to you and your family.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanks DRZ Anne and Cindy. We had the Crisis team member visit last night for quite a while. They intend to come 2x a day and we can call on them more often if needed. They are putting him on very high doze meds to calm his mind hoping that will settle him enough to start to see reason. Right now he is totally non rational in his thinking and going around in circles thinking everyone has it in for him including his parents. He believes staff members are telling lies about him and how dare we believe them not him. All part of his paranoia and psychosis right now. I told the nurse who was here that he is far more ill than they are making out and she seemed to agree when she listened to him for a while however on some level he still has himself in enough control so they feel hospital is still not warranted. They don't believe he will self-harm or harm others. There is no history of physical violence, just mental aggression when he gets out of control, which can be hard to take.
    Anyway with all the help we should be able to cope and hopefully with the extra meds he will start to calm down.
    Sounds like the trigger for this are a bit complex and we may need to investigate what happened at the residence. Anyway first thing is to get him well enough to see reason.

Thanks for your kind words and support.
    "Slow and Steady wins the Race"
    All the best, Inge

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast