User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What are the normal range for CD20 B-cells?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What are the normal range for CD20 B-cells?

Hi All,

I've been a lurker here for a few years now. This forum has helped me through some very hard time... Thank you all for provided a forum like this!

I was diagnosed with WG about 2 years ago, it took 9 months to find out what was wrong with me. I finally got the diagnoses in the Mayo in Phoenix. I've been in remission for just about a year now. I did the prednisone and Bacterium for 2 years and now off both meds. So far I've had 6 RTX in fusions that may have saved my life. I have saddle nose scared lungs long term tubes in both ears. 2 sinus surgery and also they put in new tear ducts in both eyes.

I just had my 3 month lab work done and the CD20 B-cells are at 2.3% of a total lymphocytes and 0.5% of all the nucleated in the sample. When I first was diagnoses and very sick they were at 9% and after the first 4 RTX infusions they dropped to .3%, they don't know when or at what percentage the B-cell will flare up and start their rampage again. So they want me to do 2 more rounds of RTX. I don't know anything about these numbers... Does anyone know the normal range of the CD20 B-cells? Thank you!
    Last edited by RussW; 06-10-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Russ, I don't know what the number should be. My ENT told me that I needed to have a B cell test after I completed my RTX therapy to make sure they have been eradicated. Then six months out from the last RTX dose to test for the B cells and then if they are back to get more RTX. I am guessing that I should have it as a maintenance dose. My local rheumatologist wasn't aware of what B cell that might be. I am glad that you mentioned the test you had. I will be very curious to know what you do find out. I too have saddle nose. I have a slight hearing loss but only enough to annoy my kids. My lungs had three nodules, the biggest is gone and the two smaller ones shrunk and are tiny. My sinuses are thrashed and I have bone deterioration under my left eye. RTX is a life saver for me too. I am in remission and slowly getting off the prednisone. Glad to meet you and that you are on the forum. KIM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Russ and welcome. I'm glad you finally decided to become a fully fledged member of the forum

I'm sorry but I cannot answer your question either. I do not have RTX and I understand it is my T cells that are the problem for me.
    I'm sure someone will know the answer
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also don't know. just to welcome you to the Forum, I am glad you decided to write
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies and warm welcomes. Very glad to meet you folks too!

I'm guessing my rheumatologist wants 2 more infusions as maintenance because it's been 10 months from my last 2 infusions, I haven't had any flares or major symptoms. I can't understand my labs being bad enough for more infusions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is that in the case of WG, the goal is to have a CD19 lymphocyte count of zero...which may be why your rheumatologist wants to continue the RTX and that when you are using it for maintenance, it is used at regular intervals to keep your body from making any of these types of cells and therefore keeping you in remission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk