Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Germ phobia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I am convinced the absolute dirtiest, most germ-ridden environment is a resturant chair. Whenever you sit down at a resturant, the first thing you do is grab the chair under your seat to scoot the chair up to the table -- and then you eat. The seat rails under the chair are grabbed by everyone that sat there and is never cleaned.
    Arrrrgh - thanks Mate just something else for me to obsess about
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    Hi, Marta! Thanks for all of that. I've been mega-dosing vitamins C and D and took oregano oil a couple of days ago but forgot today, so thanks for the reminder! I have a six-year-old boy who sometimes washes his hands and sometimes just tells me he has. SO, I had a chat with them about norovirus and what it would be like and how important it is to wash hands right now, not touch public door handles (being a bit of a germophobe to begin with, I've already taught them to use a paper towel to open the door leaving a public washroom with just-cleaned hands). I was also reminded by my Bowen therapist about Thieves' Oil. A blend of essential oils that is supposed to ward off infection. I've been using that too, not because i believe it will necessarily help, but because I figure it can't hurt, and I've also heard it can help with headaches. We shall see...

I read Hana's poem on one of the other threads and loved it.
    Thanks Lisa, she is something else. So shy about her talents and she plays up the 'poop disturber' elements of her personality. One day she'll embrace the talents and the good stuff. I hope.

One thing to be careful about is not using something that boosts your immune system.... I remember being warned not to use Ecanacia (sp?) or ginger or other immune boosters because it's counterproductive to our treatment protocol.

Another thing to be careful about is giving our fears associated with this whole gig too much power. I use Al, may he rest in peace, to remind me of this. He was so on top of everything. He was so smart, and educated himself and the rest of us about this disease, a pure treasure. His one fear that he mentioned often was 'infection'. It was infection that ultimately took him from us - very quickly. Since that happened, I promised myself not to give my fears too much power. Take the precautions, do what you know is common sense but live life. I hope that doesn't sound to calloused. It's not meant to. I am taking gross stuff and using it for betterment in my life... I think Al would be happy to know that.

Hi Al, I feel you're watching me type, LOVE YOU BUDDY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

restaurants..... mmmmm.... and germs.... I can do "restaurants review" because if the food is not clean enough, my stomach will announce it soon in fact, I am not taking much risks, and if I have to go to a cafe or restuarant with friends or family, I eat well at home before, and I only take a cup of tea, in a paper cup (for single use) because that I also noticed that I can get wounds in my mouth if I am eating or drinking outside from dishes which are prob not clean enough.
    sorry if my description is too gross
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12