Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Employment with WG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am 60 now and work 12 hour shifts days and nights, with 4 days on and 4 days off at a local collage as a safeguarding officer. We have 750 residential students to look after and it can some times take a day or two to recharge my batteries after my 4 days on. The money is not bad and the job is very rewarding. Like you I have worked in very physical occupations most of my life both as a soldier and bricklayer. You should improve in health soon and I hope you can find a decent job.
    Mike
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    welcome Bing I Like your spirit.
    Yeah, me too.

Of course for some that isn't possible. But yeah, I was on sick leave from Aug-Janurary, and then worked 60% until May and now working full time. So it took some time to recover. I also think that I wasn't thinking too great until around March, I suspect the prednisone was affecting my judgement. A bit before I started working full time I no longer felt the fatigue, which is awesome, as it made it a bit difficult to function if need to take a nap during the day.

I work as a consultant in IT-projects, so essentially sitting in front of my computer all day. I do try to exercise at least three times a week, and I seem to have more energy than before the disease. I also don't have a hay-fever, which I used to have every summer. I take it the immunosuppresants (MTX, nasal spray, 5mg of pred) also took care of that, but not sure.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123