Thread: Flu vaccines

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Wow! Another great article. Wonder if the same indemnity clause is crushable in Canada if this lawsuit proves that they were negligent.

Everyone seemed so shocked when the tobacco companies were outed for falsifying data and lying to the public, but they used their model from the sugar companies. Which are also going to go the same route eventually, so why wouldn't pharmaceutical companies do the same thing with their cash cows. There is big business in disease, but a regular, bi-yearly cash infusion from the 'fear of disease' that is so propagated by the pharmaceutical companies themselves in vaccines, seems like something to be protected as vehemently as possible. Especially if you can't get sued for the negative side effects your product has on countless lives.

As much as I love doctors and the fact that they've saved my life, they are still people who worry about job security and feeding their families, so of course they're not going to veer too far from the party line. Every doc of mine is convinced that I got WG from the H1N1 vaccine and that since then vaccines are no good for me. They tell me this in the privacy of their offices, but I wouldn't dream of putting them on the spot and asking them to vouch for this publicly. I know they'd have a hard time with that.

As I mentioned before Vasculitis is on the list (that nobody shows you) of potential adverse side effects for the H1N1 vaccine, a vaccine that was put out in the 70's (with almost identical formulation) and was taken out of commission within weeks because it set of Gullian Barre's Syndrome in way too many people - a life threatening autoimmune disease that if left unchecked, can kill in weeks.

I think everyone needs to do what makes them comfortable, but I also think that blindly following your doctor's advice, without doing any research, is a dangerous road to be on. Once we are on the other side of this disease (past the flare stage) we have to heal not only from the disease but also from the drugs that we are on. This is a huge task, on both counts, so I think adding anything to the mix that might make this recovery harder is just self defeating.

The number one way to keep germs away is to wash your hands and not touch your face holes. This notion is supported by the CDC. It's simple. It's free, but I guess for many people in our 'make it as easy as possible for me' society, getting a jab is easier in the short run, but for me, that one jab changed my life forever. FOR EVER!!!! And there is no going back. The long run sucks for me because of an unwise choice for a short term, easy solution.

I was so pleased to see that poster in the elevator of my doctor's office. The one promoting hand washing instead of the usual poster I see this time of year promoting the flu shot. I hope we're getting smarter because of our communal mistakes, it sure felt that way when I took a ride up the elevator to my doctor's office.

Not just H1N1, regular Flu shot as well. Google Fluzone insert, or any other brand insert, and you will see Vasculitis and Immune systems disorders. If you have kidney problems/involvement, DO NOT GET A FLU SHOT.

"Vaccines are designed to create a state of inflammation, and raise LDL and CRP levels.[5] Why then would we give a vaccine to a patient who already has an inflammatory kidney or heart event?" - See more at: Vaccination and Renal Patients: A critical examination of assumed safety and effectiveness | International Medical Council on Vaccination

"Some of the causes of kidney disease are autoimmune, vasculitic (inflammation of blood vessels), and granulomatous (described below). There are many conditions labeled as “idiopathic”(cause unknown) in nephrology and many are inflammatory in nature. When will doctors make the connection between vaccination and these adverse events?" - See more at: Vaccination and Renal Patients: A critical examination of assumed safety and effectiveness | International Medical Council on Vaccination

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BarbW View Post
    Goodness gracious! Know your history! The flu of 1918-19 was one of the world's
    worst natural disasters. Its death toll was worse than WWI. It worked on immune systems
    such that they were hyperactive. Those with the strongest immune systems were most prone to die.
    Are you willing to see 5% of the world’s population die?
    The world was engaged in (and recovering from) WWI at the time, with massive populations having been suffering from malnutrition, extraordinary stress, insufficient heating, etc... for several years by the time the flu outbreak began.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Often people assume that adverse effects from a vaccine will be evident immediately and that if they don't experience this they must be in the clear. While vaccines certainly can cause severe adverse effects immediately, some of the worst damage from vaccines is caused over time as the toxins and other adjuvants gradually affect the body. This is why it's not always easy to establish a causal relationship between a vaccine and an adverse effect. It's also the reason why most medical doctors only consider the first 24 hours after a vaccine.

One ax hit to a tree might not kill the tree, but it impairs the tree's health in ways that might not be obvious. And if you keep hitting it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not exactly....

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    The world was engaged in (and recovering from) WWI at the time, with massive populations having been suffering from malnutrition, extraordinary stress, insufficient heating, etc... for several years by the time the flu outbreak began.
    This flu, however, did not attack the weak and malnourished. This flu killed the strongest. This flu worked best on those with strong immune systems---at least in the second wave. It also devastated people/areas NOT impacted by the war.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were 2 waves of infection. The first was like a typical flu, in that it killed mostly the youngest and the oldest. Then the flu virus mutated and the second wave began, which killed mostly people age 20-40. Even if flu vaccines worked, they wouldn't have protected you in either wave, since they use the 3 most prevalent strains of the previous year.

As far as that flu killing those with the "strongest" immune systems, no. In holistic medicine we acknowledge that an "overactive" immune system is actually a compromised one that has become dysfunctional and is reacting erratically. For example, medical doctors treat allergies by suppressing the immune system with drugs like Claritin. That makes the symptoms go away but over time the patient's allergies get worse and they develop new ones. They might also develop more serious conditions like autoimmune diseases. The holistic treatment for allergies is the opposite: we balance the immune system and allergies resolve or at least improve significantly. Same with autoimmune diseases. So with the 1918 flu we saw those with "overreactive" immune systems affected during the second wave. Yup-- soldiers and those affected by war or its fallout.

Nature will always produce particularly virulent strains of viruses and other infectious agents. Loading the body with chemicals, known carcinogens, known neurotoxins, genetic material from other species, etc.... will never make us healthy and able to conquer them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

important info regarding live vaccines, especially for the immune suppressed.
    Once innoculated, the person becomes a carrier.
    Can People Receiving Live Virus Vaccines Transmit Vaccine Strain Virus to Others

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it whenever I go to the Cleveland Clinic the rhuemy stresses upon the inportance of getting the flu shot. He knows about wg and the inflamation and all the other issues that come with it. Why do they want us ( and the elderly ) to have it so bad. I had mine ,so this conversation is to late for me this year but I will definately have second thoughts about it next year.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's been stressed on here that if we get the flu shot, we shouldn't get the live vaccine, but rather the one that isn't "live". My doc tells me to get it, and when I ask him, he says the one I'd get at pharmacies or whatever wouldn't be the "live" one. Still, I would ask just to make sure. And as it stands, I have never gotten any flu shot and may never get one, at least not without talking to some other docs who might convince me otherwise. I have gotten plenty of negative info on the shot here on the forum, regardless of whether it's "live" or not. Without more positive info or reassurance that there's no danger, I probably won't get it. I've done fine without it and don't like the stories I've heard of negative reactions.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get any of the vaccines! I stay away from them. One I hate shots lol, but I just don't take a chance. My internal medicine doc said that that is fine. But I also try to limit being out durning the winter when stuff is the worse. And if I go somewhere with a lot of people I wear a mask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told by all my docs to get the flu shot, just don't get the nasal spray type since it consist of live bacteria which is a no-no for us.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast