Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu vaccines

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbeach78 View Post
    Yeah I am working on the whole taking charge thing..I fear having to many chiefs if you know what I mean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm still working on it too. I know exactly what u mean.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking control is a good thing Shawn.
    Don't forget to always ask for copies of your tests and doctors reports, and make a folder with them.
    This helps when you may be interstate and have to visit a different ER. My doctor advised to always take your folder with you if you go away. It is very helpful.
    Or, if you need to apply for disability payments.

In regards to the flu vaccination, the ultimate choice is yours. No-one knows from one individual to the next as to what may or may not happen if you do, or even if you don't get it. As everyone has said, just make sure it is not a 'live' vaccine.

Personally, I have never received it. My rheumy's advice to me was - why would you want to put any more chemicals into your body than what you are already putting in........and I agree. We just have so much going on at the moment internally, that I didn't want more.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you mishb, I have been having a problem getting my records, having a folder is a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always get my flu shot...and never have had the flu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbeach78 View Post
    Thank you mishb, I have been having a problem getting my records, having a folder is a good idea.

Why are you having problems getting your records?
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's mostly OU Med. They have buried my records in red tape its been a month and my primary just now received my records Friday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have a different opinion from most on here. Mostly because I am certain, as are my doctors, that my onset of Wegener's was caused by the H1N1 Chicken Little Global Reaction. I know this gets a lot of bristles up on here and in some medical communities, but if you carefully look at the info sheet for H1N1 deep, deep inside the possible negative side effects lies 'Vasculitis'. I know the chances are slim, but they're there, and guess what, I got Vasculitis - Wegener's right after getting the shot (against my better judgement.) It took a while to connect the dots, but they're there and they're obvious in my case. It happened twice for me. Once at onset and the second time when I listened to my previous doc after diagnosis and starting treatment to get a flu shot to protect me while on immune-suppressants. Two days after the shot I got symptoms, and week after the shot I was in hospital with a full blown flare once again fighting for life. Also the H1N1 vaccine used during this pandemic was the same one used (with only minor modifications) in the 1976 Swine flu outbreak and taken off the shelves within two weeks of a mass inoculation because of way too many cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome, an autoimmune disease that can kill within weeks if left untreated. Autoimmune is autoimmune, same etiology, different locations of the attack. Once you have one autoimmune disease, you're prone to more, and why risk it? I'm personally not getting any more vaccines. Ever. There's so much evidence that the flu vaccine doesn't actually make any statistical difference in flu numbers. I think it's a big cash grab (that is now a twice a year financial infusion for the pharmaceutical companies) with little regard for the humans it actually affects negatively.

I wrote a little rant on this in my blog in 2011: Weggies Unite: Oh how things can change if anyone wants to see further why I'm so against useless vaccines. I get the old faithful ones, and have gotten them myself and for my daughter (MMR, Chicken pox, etc.) but the new ones without any long term side effect studies, or ones we know have worked out badly in the past... that to me is just another example of greed and good work by the lowest of the low in our society - the pharmaceutical company PR and marketing 'people' (I use the term loosely.)
    Last edited by marta; 06-10-2014 at 05:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am with Marta on this one as I am sure many of you are. I am not convinced the flu shot actually prevents outbreaks of that particular flu. Like Marta, I have studied this a lot and have not found data to suggest it does. There does not seem to be sound science behind this. My current doc was upset last fall I didn't get the flu shot. I tried to argue with her that it is not a sound science but she got a bit defensive I think because she started talking about conspiracy theories that vaccines cause autism and stuff like that. I had the flu shot in 2004 and only got a bit weak right after the shot but was fine afterwards, as far as I know.

When I got the cochlear implants it was mandatory that I get the flu shot again along with the Menactra and Pneumococcal 23 in 2011. A couple hours later that same day my mouth started to get really dry and the next day my whole nasopharynx was really dry. And since then it has always been really dry. My old doc agreed that one or a combo of those vaccines could easily have caused this dryness to come on like this. He also believed in Marta's case that her Wegs was brought on by the flu shot/H1N1 shot.

My current doc and my ID doc think that Marta's case of this is just a fluke. Again, I don't agree. How could she respond to both of these so quickly? There just does not seem to be any other explanation.

We know vaccines like this will always be debated and looked badly upon. Of course some vaccines are needed like Rabies and tetanus and the like. But the flu shot ones will always be case of bad science if you ask me.

Marta, what other vaccines have you and Hana got in recent years and in past years? Does Brian get any?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A young child in Australia has just received an undisclosed payout of over ten million dollars for her care, after being rendered totally disabled due to the flu injection.
    A fight has been going through the courts for the last 3 years. She received this injection when she was about 9 months old (from memory) because the rest of her family was getting it.
    A law was also passed after this, that no child under the age of 5 can receive the flu injection.

This in itself is enough for me to say - No Thanks
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots to think about here. Marta, I had no idea your Wegs was caused by vaccines. That's awful. Have you ever considered legal action?
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast