Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inward Parts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this can be handled a little more diplomaticly...Everyone has there own believes and alot ( me included ) pray to God to make things right not only for me but with everything in this world. If some people are offended by what is said on the thread then DON'T read it.
    Don, have another cup of coffee,think about it but don't leave.
    Andrew I'm sorry if I have broken any of the rules but I don't think I am alone here.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you are not alone Deb. Most people believe in Jesus. But there are a few that are somehow offended by Him and His Church.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rules about avoiding religious and political discussion are not against Jesus and Christianity any more than they are against Buddhism, Judaism, or any other religion, or against Republicans or Democrats. Titus3:2 is right that they are in place so we don't go down the "slippery slope" and end up arguing about religion and politics all the time, which could create a great deal of hostility and is why we don't need to go there. That isn't what this forum is about. Many of us have briefly mentioned God and prayer in our posts, as in the context of well wishes toward someone in need, with no objections raised, and I think we should leave it at that.

I hope that when Don said he was "outta here", I hope he just meant outta this thread for now and not outta the forum!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that andrew can see it this way as well.
    It wasn't Andrew. It was me and what's happening right now is why the rule exists. Let's move along now to something more productive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, vdub.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hate to see anyone leave the forum because of the discussion, or anyone else feel unwelcome to express themselves when their experience of illness and the path back to health is intricately connected with their belief system. I hold different religious beliefs than those expressed by newnormaljames (although with much in common too) and I found his post interesting and moving. However, I can also see that when members disagree or see these things differently the discussion could devolve and remove the focus from what the forum is meant to be and do. We're here to provide information and support to each other, and both religion and politics can unfortunately divide... Because not everyone has the same beliefs and opinions but everyone's, whatever they are, tend to be strongly held. And for some reason that is inexplicable to me, people often think their belief or idea is the only one that can possibly be 'right ' And everyone else is wrong... Which creates problems.

Perhaps these discussions could continue privately or through Facebook if people wish to share their private contact info... I do hope it's still okay to mention God, prayers, whatever or whomever someone believes in as it would feel unnatural to have to totally censor that part of our experiences.

Dirty don, please stay! Every day I've been on here you've made me laugh and I need that desperately right now. I've been meaning to ask you why Dirty but almost afraid of the answer LOL.

and newnormaljames, it seems many here are interested in what you have to say on the topic, perhaps you could pm those who ask, your blog URL and they can join the theological discussion there? I don't want anyone to go and this seems like a reasonable guideline to me.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

waiting for reconciliation between Don and Batman..... please, Don ? I will bring you some coffee

Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    Because not everyone has the same beliefs and opinions but everyone's, whatever they are, tend to be strongly held. And for some reason that is inexplicable to me, people often think their belief or idea is the only one that can possibly be 'right ' And everyone else is wrong... Which creates problems.
    This is the crux of the problem. It goes especially for religion but for politics, too. It is why most people don't discuss religion or politics with a group of people as diverse as we are. If you present your view as the only possible right one, you will offend people and you in turn will be offended by what they have to say in response. There will be no resolution, and it will simply get in the way of what we are here to do, discuss and share about the disease we have in common.

On Facebook, anything goes, and I agree that's where these things should be discussed, if at all. There, it is easy to ignore anything you don't want to be involved in. Private messages here are another option, people can argue away all they want, or try to convince others of their "right" views. Mentioning God or praying or faith in regular posts here are not a big deal, since we are not pushing any particular faith when we use these terms.... they are terms we can all relate to whatever our faith or beliefs happen to be.
    Last edited by annekat; 06-07-2014 at 02:14 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO, after a good night's sleep can we all hug and make up? Please? Whoever or whatever you believe in, he, she, it, or whatever it is or is not, would not want any of us to lose each other's support or cause each other any additional stress or suffering. It is entirely understandable that people feel vulnerable in the midst of their grief. Let's put aside the differences and get back to providing each other a place of empathy, understanding, and love...
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast