Thread: Barbara Napier

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Weggies,
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
    My poor Barbara has gone and I am lonely and sad. Today I am flying out to stay with one of our daughters for a couple of weeks.
    In Spain, things move fast. We had a funeral yesterday with many friends present and, as is normal here, so many oddballs and characters came along to pay their respects. I just wanted to rush back to the house and tell her who was there.
    She was a Wonder.
    You have all helped in making Barbara feel stronger during her time with this terrible disease, which as far as we could tell, no one in Spain seems to have heard of.
    My best wishes to you all,
    Barbara would say to anyone who was ill (in a horse-rider's joke): 'keep looking straight forward: between the ears'.
    Lenox
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dear lenox,
    you and Barbara are blessed to have each other. she will always be with you in her spirit. with us too.
    I feel your sadness. such a loss, words are not enough to express.... I cry again ....
    please stay with us. you will be less lonely.
    I love what she said: 'keep looking straight forward: between the ears'.
    I will. we all will. thanks to her. I am sending to you my sincere love and gentle hugs. take care.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lenox,Thank you for keeping us updated.I hope being at your daughters will bring you some comfort during this time.I love her saying and I also will keep looking forward,between the ears. Take care and my prayers are with you and your family.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like everyone else, I am deeply saddened by this news. Lenox, may you find strength and comfort knowing how much Barbara helped so many through this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I love what she said: 'keep looking straight forward: between the ears'.
    I will. we all will. thanks to her. I am sending to you my sincere love and gentle hugs. take care.
    Me, too. That is a saying to remember and live by. She was a wise woman. I, too, hope you will keep in touch with us, Lenox, and let us know how you are doing.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'keep looking straight forward: between the ears'.

I love it! What a fantastic motto to live by. In skiing and biking there is a similar concept "don't look at the trees, look at the spaces between the trees" - that way you're always focused on where you want to go rather than where you don't want to go, and as we all know your brain goes where your focus lies.

I'm looking at the wonderful person Barbara was, the positive changes she made, and the lives she touched. I'm so sorry for your loss Lenox. My heart is with you. One day we will all be up there with Barbara, and Jack, and Lightwarrior, and Al and so many others, they're getting the place ready for us so that we can finally have that All Weggie Party we're all dreaming of.

I know when they told me I was dying, I wasn't scared for myself, only for the people I love who would be left behind, so to alleviate the pain from passing on, I think the best thing we can do for our departed friend is to celebrate their time here, the good we've learned from them, and anticipate the day we meet again.

Lots of love Lenox, from the virtual world of Wegener's Granulomatosis.
    Marta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I am so sad to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, so sorry to hear this. It's just so sad. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

http://www.sensinganenemy.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said Marta
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I joined this forum only lately. I didn't get to communicate with her. But I did read many of her posts and marveled at her courage.
    I loved "animo". My wife is Mexican and I had to ask what it meant. I gave chanted animo many times as I was getting chemo or feeling bad.
    Here's to you Barbara! Animo!!

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast