Likes Likes:  8
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbara Napier

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lenox, My dear granddaughter will visit me soon. She is a horse lover. I will "introduce" her to your wonderful wife, and share her wonderful motto:Keep looking forward:between the ears.

I was struck by her candle on the map of Spain. NO other weggies. I feel that is totally impossible, when you see the large number of weggie markers in every other country. And these are only those who have subscribed to this forum. There must be many more. I hope knowledge of the disease can somehow get into the Spanish medical system. I feel there MUST be others who are suffering because of lack of knowledge.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I read this post and the beautiful things that people have said about Barbara - I end up in tears. Some sad and others happy or proud tears.

I feel that I can now share with you all, the message I mentioned that I sent to Lenox (via Barbara's facebook page) the day before her passing - which I deleted before sending.
    I also asked Alysia via private message the day before, if she had heard anything about Barbara and the reason why I asked. Alysia said she was going to check.

You see - I had a dream about Barbara the day before.
    She was riding her horse, not this new horse but an older one very similar.
    She did not have a face mask on, because she had a nose in my dream.
    She was laughing and she had no pain. Her hair was long and flowing out behind her and she was having a great time.
    There was also a dog running around the horse and barking and people laughing (I'm not sure what this means).
    The last thing she said was "It is going to be alright".

I wrote to tell Lenox of my dream and to let him know that things were going to be okay, however, I decided to delete it because I really didn't want it to mean what I thought it did, and I didn't want to upset him and his family.

I'm sorry Lenox, I hope I am not writing out of turn here

I look at this dream as her saying that she is now free - free to ride, free of pain and free to live again. This makes me happy

Why did I have this dream, I have no idea - it just happens to me sometimes. I guess because I had been worrying about her for a few weeks.

Until we meet again Barbara
    Last edited by mishb; 06-08-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My precious Michelle
    thanks you from the bottom of my heart for sharing with us your touching and amazing dream.
    it makes me cry again
    your wide heart and deep intuition are beyond words. we are so blessed to have you here with us
    your dream is most beautiful gift to give to lenox, a bit of consolation.
    it feels so real. I can imagine it so vivid. God knows, maybe this is how Barbara is now, in heaven.
    our connection here in the forum is mostly a connection of souls.
    soul touchs soul. with kindness. courage. comapssion. caring. and most of all - love.
    thank you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me, too, Michelle, I was sort of speechless after I read it..... very beautiful, and thanks for sharing.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Michelle. How beautiful. I know that Barbara sent that vision to you, and it will be a comfort to her family. People who have close spiritual connections can sometimes communicate with each other across the unknown barriers. I had an aunt who was very precious to me. She was my English father's sister. In spite of the distance, we were extremely close. We talked every week on the phone and I visited her often throughout my life. She was alone the last few years of her life, and I always worried. But phone charges had blessedly gone down - so I could connect easily. Alas, she had a bad stroke which made her unable to communicate. I was DEVASTATED when I heard this. How was I ever to talk to her from afar? I was beside myself for hours. Then, suddenly, I stopped crying. A feeling of great peace came over me. I said to my family, "It is going to be all right. She will be better." Several difficult months later, she had regained her speech. The first time she was able to talk to me on the phone, she told me what happened the day she realized that she could not talk. That was the day I heard about the stroke. She said she knew there were many people, including me, that would be very worried. So, in her mind, she pictured all her loved ones gathered around her kitchen table. She pictured herself walking around the table, touching each person on the shoulder, and telling them, "I am going to be all right. Please do not worry about me." That was the moment of warmth and peace that I felt that day. I have never forgotten it. I am sure that this is what happened between you and Barbara. It is an amazing thing. And it is wonderful that you were open to receive this communication. Keep it close to your heart. It will warm you always.
    Last edited by BookNut; 06-08-2014 at 07:09 AM.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sad. I am speechless after reading Michelle's post. My prayers to you Lenox.

rif Guest

MY sympathies to you and your family Lenox, Barbara was an amazing woman and so positive about everything. May she rest peacefully.

Rif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So very sorry to hear of Barbaras passing. She was a rock
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lenox. I see that you are on-line. how are you ?
    I miss Barbara and I cry whenever I think about her. I belive that she is feeling good now, somewhere above, in a better place. sending hugs to you and to your family. please stay with us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle, I got goose bumps when I read your dream. I can almost picture it and it was wonderful. I know that is the way she is now..looking forward,between the ears and loving it. Thanks for sharing.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast