Thread: please give me advices for an apeal about disability

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default please give me advices for an apeal about disability

Hi,
    Ok, so I got an answer from the committee, the one that I requested recognition for disability from. The one with the ignorant, full of himself, disrespectful doc, who checked me only 5 min, with dismissive gestures, I wrote about it here http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...k-sick-10.html
    as expected, they didn't give me the 90% I aksed for, only 50% which means nothing. I was not surprised, they are known as ***** still I was angry and started to write my appeal, which I can submit in 60 days.
    In their answer they didn’t give any argument why I shouldn’t get more. They wrote only one line: "suffering from temporary vasculitis".
    What ? since when is vasculitis temporary ?
    I will be glad to get any advice as to what to include in my letter to them.
    Thank you for being here. I couldn’t have made it without you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    They wrote only one line: "suffering from temporary vasculitis". What ? since when is vasculitis temporary ?
    Boy, I wish it was temporary! Wouldn't that be GRAND?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I will be glad to get any advice as to what to include in my letter to them.
    Perhaps you could send them a link to the VASCULITIS FOUNDATION website and maybe a couple PDFs from major university/teaching hospitals to EDUCATE them about the disease--since they obviously know NOTHING about it!

I wish you all the best Alysia!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, they know nothing. thanks Mike. diabetes here got 100%. they don't know what is wg so they gave me only 50%. are we less severe then diabetes ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did your doctor send them? Is this federal disability from the state or private insurance? You may need to get a lawyer.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is from the gov. the institute for national insurence. my doc send them an opinion over 5 pages with about 20 papers added and claimed for 90%. they didn't read it ! in their letter they write that I gave only 3 papers !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, Alysia. I wish I had something helpful to say. Here, if you are working full time or beyond a certain amount, you can't get the federal disability because they see that you are able to work. I don't know how much you are working, or how it is done there. Phil may be right that you need to get a lawyer. I wonder if cutting back on your hours voluntarily would help, too. A lawyer could advise you on that.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Good luck, Alysia. I wish I had something helpful to say. Here, if you are working full time or beyond a certain amount, you can't get the federal disability because they see that you are able to work. I don't know how much you are working, or how it is done there. Phil may be right that you need to get a lawyer. I wonder if cutting back on your hours voluntarily would help, too. A lawyer could advise you on that.
    Here is the USA, the attorney capital of the world, there are attorneys who specialize in anything, including social Security disability appeals. Are there any attorneys or advocates in your area to help you appeal. Some times the governmental organization that turned you down might have such a department or even personnel who can advise you. Often they expect you to appeal and tend to lean toward denial on the first attempt. If you are still gainfully employed though that will usually preclude getting a full disability finding.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is maybe how they see it..."can you work in any/occ not just own/occ and the answer for the majority of Weggies is yes!" With the fraudulent abuse the OASDI has taken the last 5 years it seems to reason they are just cracking down hard on what really is a disability.

Another definition is and it is here where you do have some justification:
    "The disability must also have lasted (or be expected to last) at least 12 months or be expected to result in death."

Obviously for us Weggies this BFF stays with us...FOREVER!!!! Good luck and keep us informed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Mike said for sure. Do you have a copy of what your doc sent in? If not see if you can get a copy and rebutt anything that needs it. Send those attachments one more time. I would put it all together with tabs, a table of contents and in a report folder or something similar. That way they can easily find things and it has less of a chance of getting separated and papers getting lost. Just some thoughts. I've found that most government types like things all done up pretty for them. Good luck.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck Alysia! My GP helps me out a lot. Get their advice.
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast