Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: please give me advices for an apeal about disability

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    yes, they know nothing. thanks Mike. diabetes here got 100%. they don't know what is wg so they gave me only 50%. are we less severe then diabetes ?
    Diabetes can often be reversed with diet and weight loss. Everything i have read about WG says it is incurable! However, there is treatment for Wegeners. Sadly, for this disrespectful doctor, there is no treatment or cure for stupid!!

I am SO sorry that you are going through this, but I know you will be able to assemble a rousing appeal. I suspect that some statements from your doctors, hospital records etc will help. I would include quotes and links from the most well regarded hospital and research facilities. In this country, I would suggest Johns Hopkins, The Mayo Clinic, and of course The Cleveland Clinic. I know there are many more. YOU GO GIRL!!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just add, give very specific details of what you can and can't do and for how long, eg, sleeping x number of hours plus napping in the afternoon, routines required for managing your symptoms (example tell them if you need to rinse your sinuses and use a nebulizer twice daily for total two hours), sitting in a warm bath or going for physio or whatever else takes your time and energy to manage your disease, how frequent are your appointments etc. they look at functional abilities and daily routine... When they see that after adding up everything the disease 'takes' from your day, there's not much of it left, it is harder for them to deny. I don't know how the system works in Israel, but here many people are initially denied and then succeed on appeal. In addition to sending the reading material you could tell them clearly that vasculitis is not temporary and you can expect to deal with it for life. In case they don't read the attachments. Sorry you have to go through this! It's stressful having to try to prove your illness... I hate it. You feel guilty as though you're making bit up or being lazy. They should feel guilty for causing ill people more stress.
    Last edited by LisaT; 06-04-2014 at 11:52 AM.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,you should be creative when describing what is causing you to be disabled,and there is nothing wrong with over exaggerating when doing so.Having letters from the docs in charge of your care to support your disability claim is very helpful.I am sorry that you must fight for your disability to be approved.Wishing you well.
    "You can tame anything,except the human tongue"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry Alysia you are having trouble with this. I don't know anything about the process but if it were me I would be asking this person to back up the claim about your vasculitis being 'temporary' .
    Please give the citations of even one study that shows the condition is temporary. It IS treatable but it is not temporary. Dump a load of citations on them from studies that use the term 'chronic' , 'incurable', or even the one that shows the genetic components.
    If he thinks this condition is temporary the medical community and the patients who have it would be very excited to know how he makes it go away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RCOSSIO View Post
    Another definition is and it is here where you do have some justification:
    "The disability must also have lasted (or be expected to last) at least 12 months or be expected to result in death."

Obviously for us Weggies this BFF stays with us...FOREVER!!!! Good luck and keep us informed!
    wow, thanks. this is a serious argument to use. nice to see you around. I hope that you are feeling good.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    What Mike said for sure. Do you have a copy of what your doc sent in? If not see if you can get a copy and rebutt anything that needs it. Send those attachments one more time. I would put it all together with tabs, a table of contents and in a report folder or something similar. That way they can easily find things and it has less of a chance of getting separated and papers getting lost. Just some thoughts. I've found that most government types like things all done up pretty for them. Good luck.
    great idea. going to do it. thanks !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    I would include quotes and links from the most well regarded hospital and research facilities. In this country, I would suggest Johns Hopkins, The Mayo Clinic, and of course The Cleveland Clinic. I know there are many more. YOU GO GIRL!!!
    good idea. like Mike also said ! I will ! thanks !!!
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW, thanks everyone, also those that I didn't thank by relating specific to their replies
    I love you all very much I knew I can count on you.
    so I need to make a big file, and to include, all my complaints, with exagerating (thanks Titus), and with all the papers from the docs (I have more then 20 from alll kinds of docs) and also links or articels about wg, because prob they are so ignorant
    I don't know if I will take an attorney, but I will check about it.
    after all, I can be my best advocate. I hope.
    thank you so much for your support and good words and excelent advices.
    I am so blessed to have my weggie family
    weggies are not only kind, sweet, and good looking but also so wise
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to add highlight the important cites. That way they don't have to go searching for them. Maybe they'll actually look at a few that way. Make it as easy as you can for them. My file was 2 inches thick. Don't forget labs, scans etc.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you describe your daily activities and schedule, base it on your worst day. Not your best.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast