User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in the same situation as me, this maybe usefull.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone in the same situation as me, this maybe usefull.

As a single guy of 69 yrs young, I was wondering if someone else out there may find this useful. I would like to start a loving relationship. But where do go to find people of a similar age and intrests as myself. In the past when I have met a woman, and would like to take it to another level, and feel I have to tell her about my illness, medication and what I can and can't do, she runs away rapidly. I have tried to explain untill I am blue in the face, that it's not contagious and I won't die on a first date.
    Then a friend who has health issues herself, told me about a dating site that caters for people with ilness, so I am giving it a try. For anyone else who is in the same situation, watch this space !!
    I have only just filled in my profile, and it's not been excepted yet, but I will give you feedback when I'm up and running. Keep smiling Acker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Acker,
    I am glad that you are going towards finding a partner for life. I am sure that the woman, who will get to know you for real, will love you for the man you are, no matter how your health is. at your age everyone have something....
    besides, weggies are awesome, sweet, sensitive and kind
    good luck !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi Acker,
    I am glad that you are going towards finding a partner for life. I am sure that the woman, who will get to know you for real, will love you for the man you are, no matter how your health is. at your age everyone have something....
    besides, weggies are awesome, sweet, sensitive and kind
    good luck !
    Hi Alysia,
    Thank you very much for your kind words. Oh and also I loved the last photo you posted, you have gorgeuos eyes, it brightened up my day. I wish I lived nearer and could come and vist you.
    Your're right weggies are awesome, sweet, sensitive and kind Acker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good plan, Acker. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it and what results you get. I take it this is a worldwide site, not just in the UK..... or?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your plan Acker and can't wait to see how it turns out. I wish you luck with it.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you for putting yourself out there... I agree with Alysia, the right woman will love you for who you are, not what you can't or can't do. Great idea to look among a group of people who will already have some understanding of what it is like to deal with health issues. You seem like a great guy with lots to offer someone and I wish you luck in the search!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Acker, I think its great that you are looking for someone to share your life with! It is difficult, People just don't get it. So your idea to try the dating site that caters to peoples with illnesses is just a fantastic idea! I cant wait to hear how it turns out for you! Good Luck!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acker,I am sure you will find someone with or without the website.You seem like a very interesting (and from your pic ) handsome man.Best of luck in your search and keep us posted.And remember that anyone who would run at the sound of illness isn't the one for you and you should be glad they did.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm , I'm thinking maybe I should start a weggie matchmaking service for all the singletons on the forum. Perhaps dating profiles could be attached to the map pinpoints, so I can check who is 'geographically desirable' for everyone..
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Debra, thank you for your lovely compliment, biker babe Acker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast