User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rituxan - already had 4 infusions now I have swelling in my feet and one leg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rituxan - already had 4 infusions now I have swelling in my feet and one leg

Just finished my Rituxan infusions (4) a couple of weeks ago. 3 days ago my feet and left knee became swollen. I am coming down off pred's. now on 10mg. Anyone else have this issue. I have been drinking a lot of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be a separate issue. I don't recall hearing or having much swelling on the drugs or because of WG. Well, pred did make me inflate some, but not localized like that. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should ask a doc about it. and do your labs.
    for me, the influence of rtx started only after 3 months. but for others it was faster.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Don. It's probably something else unrelated to rituxan. Rituxan takes 6 weeks to 3 months to take full effect.

Good luck!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a little swelling in my knees just from getting any kind of infusion; it was probably just fluid build up. I would ask your doc if its getting a little out of hand. RTX shouldn't have any side effects.
    ~everyday is another chance~

dx December 30th 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post
    I had a little swelling in my knees just from getting any kind of infusion; it was probably just fluid build up. I would ask your doc if its getting a little out of hand. RTX shouldn't have any side effects.
    All meds can have side effects, some are good ones and why the med is prescribed. Some are undesirable and the cost of getting the benefit from the med. Anyone can have a reaction to any drug, even if they have taken it with no problems many times. Assessing and monitoring and managing the side effects of meds is probably the most challenging role of any physician.
    Last edited by drz; 06-05-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also just had my 4th infusion as well. I feel a general sense of malaise and tiredness but more pronounced than during precious infusions. Granted I am only on Rituxan, nothing else. For this I am grateful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom has this issue and she still has it 33 days after infusions.
    Her abdomen is also, swollen.
    I believe hers is due to low albumin and maybe some from prednisone.

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Pred' (all steroids in general) cause swelling. I have taken Furosemide to reduce swelling. With your Rituxan dose you should be getting a massive dose of Pred' (120mg is what I got with each treatment). Ask your Doc to write you an order for Furosemide (take it in the morn' and not at night ... lots and lots of peeing ... wink wink)