User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I whipped Wegeners today because....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I whipped Wegeners today because....

We all know that there are highs and lows living with this illness and sometimes it appears that we are constantly down, fighting tooth and nail for fear of giving up. The anxiety of a possible flare, health deterioration or realisation that our lives will never be fun, happy or "normal" again.
    I realise that there are many Weggies who are living a life greater encumbered by WG and I thank my lucky stars that I have 'survived' 6 years now since DX. I have however gone thru a 'shed' load of different drugs and 2 years ago hit rock bottom when the hospital called me to say that my latest results showed that I was losing the fight. However; RTX has turned a corner for me and although this year I have experienced chronic lung infections, I have enjoyed 4 weeks of comparitive peaces and joy.
    This last week I have 'crashed' on 3 days but yesterday I bounced up and felt great, so much so that we invited my son, daughter in law and 2 year old granduaghter over for a family BBQ. I was able to zip around, sort out the drinks, play with my G'daughter and cook up a storm of keebabs, steak and bangers (sausages to you). It felt great and so I thought I would start a different type of thread where we can 'imagine' that for one day, two or even longer we locked that old Wegs dog away in his kennel!!
    So in answer to the thread title.....

I PUT TOGETHER A GREAT FAMILY BBQ!! (and nobody got food poisoning!!! Lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Geoff,
    I am so glad that you feel better overcoming that dreadful-wg-roaller-coaster
    I was not here 2 years ago, so if there is a thread about what you have being through, I will be glad to read it....
    Thanks God you are saved, with us and enjoy life

as for the thread: wonderful idea, inspiraion and playfullness are always so healthy....

ok, so here is my line:

I wipped WG today because.... I did some shopping (oh, yes ) ... I bought a new bag, (replacing the old one with the sad memories), a new robe (turquoise color, tight, for the summer), 3 shorts (it is summer here) and face cream..... Ha, girls' pleasures....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I whipped Wegs today....... Because I got up this morning and made all my Father's Day cards. Now I don't have to scramble to get them made at the last minute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I beat WG today cuz I shot a 76! Pete...???
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sat on the sofa today as it was so miserable with rain! But managed to make good progress with the PTA accounts! Yesterday was a different story - the sun shone and I went for a walk, nearly 2 hours. It does so much for my well being!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It WAS whipping me this weekend. I learned that when on a boatload of steroids, the RTX infusions are NOTHING, but without, it whipped me pretty good this weekend, UNTIL TODAY! I tilled up the flower beds with the mini roto-tiller, mowed the grass, dug up a corner of the driveway and made a rounded corner with pot-hole patch (even pounding/packing the patch with a 15# sledge hammer), mowed the grass, cooked brats for lunch, cut the watermelon, fixed the deck wheels on the big riding mower, had a root beer float for supper, and I almost have enough energy for a shower. So take that Wegeners!

Thanks for starting this thread Geoff!!! I needed a place to celebrate too!!
    Last edited by MikeG-2012; 05-27-2014 at 08:50 AM.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Geoff for great idea!! I whipped Wegeners today because I was able to get up earlier than normal, get dressed and go to town with my husband to have breakfast with his cousin and wife. The meal was so good! They visited with us for 2 days which like for many of you can be very tiring. So, today I won

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    I beat WG today cuz I shot a 76! Pete...???
    The only "club" I used today was a pair of pruning shears. Still, I whipped wegs today because I spent most of the day working my flower gardens!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The day has only started for me. I have just finished breakfast and have a day off work, so have no idea what it will bring.
    I WILL whip it though, because...........well, I woke up and got out of bed
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi Geoff,
    I am so glad that you feel better overcoming that dreadful-wg-roaller-coaster
    I was not here 2 years ago, so if there is a thread about what you have being through, I will be glad to read it....
    Thanks God you are saved, with us and enjoy life

as for the thread: wonderful idea, inspiraion and playfullness are always so healthy....

ok, so here is my line:

I wipped WG today because.... I did some shopping (oh, yes ) ... I bought a new bag, (replacing the old one with the sad memories), a new robe (turquoise color, tight, for the summer), 3 shorts (it is summer here) and face cream..... Ha, girls' pleasures....
    Why did your old bag have sad memories? I love a good shopping spree. Glad you had fun.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast