I'm surprised I haven't mentioned it before. I bought my MGA in 1971. It was my first car. In 1974, I put it in storage in a building on my parent's farm and it stayed there, untouched, until Mar '13 when I decided to get it running and enjoy it. I had to clean off 39 years of dust. Otherwise, it was in pretty good shape, except that everything made of rubber had to be replaced. I also replaced the entire fuel system, converted the car from positive ground to negative ground and put on an electronic ignition.... among a whole bunch of other stuff.

It's currently an ugly, ugly green. In a few weeks, I hope the car will be ready for paint -- I'm slowly inching toward that goal. We have decided to paint it a maroon red and the interior will be tan. I have already purchased the new tan carpet and upholstery, so I'm just waiting for paint. Hopefully, in a few months, it will look like this (clicky). When I was in the UK with you, I had a license plate made that says MY61 MGA -- I can't use it, but I still like it.

We bought a small "cabin" that I will use as a garage for the MG. Whenever, the time comes when I don't need the "garage" (i.e, I give the car to my daughter), we'll move the cabin to our timberland and use it as a real cabin. It will arrive on the 22nd -- I'll post a picture.

I'm feeling well and having fun. I haven't felt this good in 5 years. I think the key was going back on a light dose (5mg) of pred. Surprisingly, I'm not gaining a lot of weight over what I had gained the last time I was on pred (3 years ago).