User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I whipped Wegeners today because....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK third try. Yesterday I whipped Wegner's by building a planter and repurposing corners from an old gazebo to a trellis. Finished with plantings today. Felt good. Changed my avatar to show, didn't know how to download pic to reply.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I got a massage,,,,,mmmmm felt sooo good. Also went to lunch with a friend, went to the animal hospital to visit my sick kittie, got what little hair I have left whacked off, and went shopping. Oh yeah also irritated my son.......awww too bad. All in all a good day.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I whipped wegs today by returning back to work after 12 days off. Love this thread.
    Mike
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know if I beat wegs today but at 04:00
    I had the joy of standing within 8 feet of a wild badger for about 3 minutes, I barely dared breath as I stood and watched it snuffling in the grass at the side of the path. He looked up and saw me and we made eye contact, then he just walked calmly on his way. It is amazing what I see in the way of wildlife when on nights at the college where I work. Better than any tonic. If wegs tries to beat me today I will just tell it to sod off.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't know much about badgers, so googled them, and found that the European badgers are bigger than the American ones, and that they are unsurpassed in being able to take something fiercely in their jaws and not let go. So this could have been pretty scary and gotten the old adrenaline going, if your adrenals are functioning, that is. So I guess making it through that stressful experience without any increase in symptoms could qualify as beating Wegs, on some level.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badgers will not attack unless provoked. This one was more interested in finding its breakfast than being agressive. It is wonderful to be that close to wildlife, and I did not feel threatened at any point in our brief encounter. I left work this morning with a feeling of euphoria, which is something I have not experienced since I got wegs.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bell View Post
    Badgers will not attack unless provoked. This one was more interested in finding its breakfast than being agressive. It is wonderful to be that close to wildlife, and I did not feel threatened at any point in our brief encounter. I left work this morning with a feeling of euphoria, which is something I have not experienced since I got wegs.
    Mike
    I'm very glad to hear that it was such a positive experience, and to be educated about badgers. I have had some encounters with raccoons lately, which were somewhat confrontational because I was trying to keep them away from feral cats who were being fed. However, I did not feel threatened or in danger, as the coons backed off and hid in the bushes. We did have eye contact, which I liked. Yes, it is special to be in contact with wild creatures, and I'm glad it left you feeling euphoric!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing something right. I've felt good for about 2 months and only had 2 crashes during that time. Each crash only lasted about 36 hrs and I just slept continuously. And, I have now set a record for not being in hospital -- 9 months! I hope this continues.... I have a lot of catching up to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I'm doing something right. I've felt good for about 2 months and only had 2 crashes during that time. Each crash only lasted about 36 hrs and I just slept continuously. And, I have now set a record for not being in hospital -- 9 months! I hope this continues.... I have a lot of catching up to do.

I think I put you in the hospital last......
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you were there, but I don't think you were the cause. :-) I'm not sure what happened that time, but they sure put me through a lot of tests.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast