User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I whipped Wegeners today because....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    it is another day and I intend to WHIP it, one way or another.
    of course you will
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won the bet - it is a torn calf muscle, not a torn Achilles.....but hey what do I know, I told the doctor it wasn't my Achilles, but I guess I haven't had 8 plus years of medical school and training.
    One good thing came out of it - she now knows what wegener's is

To give her the benefit of her medical training - the Achilles tendon runs up from the heel to in between the two calf muscles, so she could have been right.

A torn calf is such a better prognosis than the Achilles so I will take that - and therefore WHIP wegeners again
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Geoff, I love this idea of going on the positive times, if only for a day or so. I whipped mine at the week end, a friend organized a party in the park for loads of us who hadn't seen each other for years, it was a great day out in the sun and I managed to ferry all the food and drink there for him ( I was in the car, couldn't do it on my motorbike ) the great thing about my friend, who is an ex fireman, and has helped me out in the past, is that this guy suffered a huge brian tumour a few years ago followed by another one in his stomach a year later. He has massive scarring on his head, and has to wear a bag as well. But this guy is one of the most positive guys I have ever met, and will help anyone who is in trouble if he can. dispite not being able to drive anymore, nor does his wife, he cycles around with a trailer on his bike and does building work, plumbing and electrical jobs ( he is qualified in all these skills ) What an inspiration to us all he is !!! Being an ex biker himself, we have banter between us all the time. He calls me the silly old fart on a bike, and I call him the crippled plumber. Keep smiling everyone. Acker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    I won the bet - it is a torn calf muscle, not a torn Achilles.....but hey what do I know, I told the doctor it wasn't my Achilles, but I guess I haven't had 8 plus years of medical school and training.
    One good thing came out of it - she now knows what wegener's is

To give her the benefit of her medical training - the Achilles tendon runs up from the heel to in between the two calf muscles, so she could have been right.

A torn calf is such a better prognosis than the Achilles so I will take that - and therefore WHIP wegeners again
    Good news, the lesser of two bad things, right?
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you were right, Michelle... goes to show we know more than our doctors about our own bodies, after all, we are in them 24/7.
    Nice of you to give her some recognition, too, for her expertise, and good of you to educate her about Wegs. Hoping for a quick healing process and full recovery soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won because I realized that it wasnt the wegeners that was making me grumpy, sore, backache, cramps, want chocolate, it is PMS!!! Hate my life lol
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggled View Post
    I won because I realized that it wasnt the wegeners that was making me grumpy, sore, backache, cramps, want chocolate, it is PMS!!! Hate my life lol
    Ah, those days are over for me..... not that I'm never grumpy and want chocolate.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff, What a great idea! I wipped wegeners today by putting my braces on and going to the gym...feels great! Thanks Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My small victory was bittersweet. In six hours, I went through all my drawers and closet and I packed up all my old clothes that are 3-4 waist sizes ago. Bags of stuff to go to the Easter Seals thrift store in Madison next time we are there.

Sad ad moment, but if and when I ever get back to that size again, I will have to celebrate by going shopping for new clothes! (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    My small victory was bittersweet. In six hours, I went through all my drawers and closet and I packed up all my old clothes that are 3-4 waist sizes ago. Bags of stuff to go to the Easter Seals thrift store in Madison next time we are there.

Sad ad moment, but if and when I ever get back to that size again, I will have to celebrate by going shopping for new clothes! (-8
    Great !! I love the sentiment. Acker

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast