User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I whipped Wegeners today because....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kicking butt today. Went back to work after 5 days off
    Got everything up to date that was left over the week I was away
    Left work on time and walked to the train station - 15 minutes away

My train was already at the station when I got there, so thought I could do a little shuffle type jog thingy up the ramp to the platform and hop on the train before it left.
    BANG!!! someone or something shot out my calf muscle

Apparently it is not my calf muscle but my Achilles tendon, which the doctor thinks has torn partially or fully from the bone (I don't believe it though)
    An ultrasound will reveal all tomorrow. At the moment my leg from the knee down, is in a plaster cast......which they will cut off for the ultrasound tomorrow.
    - I still think that it is my calf muscle. We'll see who is correct

Anyway, weggies has tried to kick me down for nearly 5 years and hasn't succeeded, so this isn't going to succeed either.

I think I will wait a few days before I whip wegeners again
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was the Achilles, you'd be in great pain and probably not walking much if at all! Partial tears are difficult to diagnose until MRI, but a full tear is like a window blind rolling up tight in the back of your calf...seen too many of them...not fun...hope you get it fixed soon whichever it is. I had a partial tear in my shoulder: took 9 months. I asked how long if they cut me: 6-9 months...and if they didn't: 6-9 months...I ran out of the office!! LOL! Takes months to heal no matter which level of damage you have...minimum.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel better Michelle and good luck with the ultra sound. Stay off it and of course elevate. Sending you healing vibes and hugs.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, Mich I am so sorry
    at least it was not while the train was starting to move (trying to find something positive )
    I don't understand which diagnosis is "better", but I pray that you will recover soon, with minimal pains if possible. I saw it earlier on fb. your leg looks interesting I hope that you are not suffering too much...
    sending lots of prayers and hugs and endless love
    I wish I was your neighbour, then I would have cooked something delicious for you
    good luck at the ultra sound.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of you, Michelle, as you try to make sense of this.... am very interested in what the ultrasound will show. I'm so sorry this happened right when you were feeling exuberant enough to do a little shuffle/jog thing at a moment's notice! I'm hoping for the least severe dx and best possible prognosis.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm scratching the shuffle jog thingy off my list of things I may do. Good luck Michelle. Reminds me of a time about three years ago, Deb and I were crossing a pretty busy street, she said let's go, I had to hold her back and wait til there were no cars coming at all and then crossed the street. When we got to the other side, she looked at me and said you will never run again will you? Sadly, no. There are worse things.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I beat the Achilles tendon tear last year. Limped for months! I beat wegs and have been working in my garden and going to Yoga. Unfortunately the prednisone has won a minor battle and I have a stress fracture in L1 and L 2. I still won because I have all my flowers on the porch. I get to go to PT and learn safe ways to get this body moving. MOSTLY I whip wegeners every day because all of you are there and are my friends. Just by writing that I smiled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi my name is Char. I am having an AWESOME month. I found out I had WG in July 2012. Everything went down hill. Read about this and really got bummed out. Than, with the help of my family, I turned it over to the Lord. He says that he never gives us more thatn we can handle. Well the Lord and I are handling this really good. Last year at this time was totally different. But not this year. My grtandson and I go to the park almost every night after supper. We have a ton of fun. He is only 4, but he never stops moving. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with him, but I give it a good try. So WG take that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is an awesome report chars101 - and welcome to the forum.

Hey all, I found an Unlike button
    I pushed Like on Don's post - and it's a miracle - I could then press Unlike (it felt good) Don, sorry but I don't like your post
    Dale, your post had me laughing so thankyou
    Alysia, food sent via hyperspace is low in calories and I hear that it will not cause any weight gain - so send away
    Drz, thankyou for your message

Thankyou everyone. All is good, it is another day and I intend to WHIP it, one way or another.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chars101 View Post
    Hi my name is Char. I am having an AWESOME month. I found out I had WG in July 2012. Everything went down hill. Read about this and really got bummed out. Than, with the help of my family, I turned it over to the Lord. He says that he never gives us more thatn we can handle. Well the Lord and I are handling this really good. Last year at this time was totally different. But not this year. My grtandson and I go to the park almost every night after supper. We have a ton of fun. He is only 4, but he never stops moving. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with him, but I give it a good try. So WG take that.
    welcome to the Forum, Char
    if and when you will feel like, you are invited to tell your story in details. (you can open a new thread in "new members introduction")
    for sure, we couldnt have made it without the help of God.
    thanks for your sharing.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast