User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I whipped Wegeners today because....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    It WAS whipping me this weekend. I learned that when on a boatload of steroids, the RTX infusions are NOTHING, but without, it whipped me pretty good this weekend, UNTIL TODAY! I tilled up the flower beds with the mini roto-tiller, mowed the grass, dug up a corner of the driveway and made a rounded corner with pot-hole patch (even pounding/packing the patch with a 15# sledge hammer), mowed the grass, cooked brats for lunch, cut the watermelon, fixed the deck wheels on the big riding mower, had a root beer float for supper, and I almost have enough energy for a shower. So take that Wegeners!

Thanks for starting this thread Geoff!!! I needed a place to celebrate too!!
    My garden is in need of a little tlc if you need something more to do!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I whipped Wegs today because I my driver drove me to see my Nephrologist in Regina.........
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff,this was a great idea. It's so good to hear people having the energy and feeling good to do something.I beat WG today also because I woke up to a beautiful day. Made breakfast and ate outside while watching 5 deer in my backyard. Then went for a bike ride to the lake with my boyfriend.On the way there a BIG cow was running down the freeway way right at us but ran off the road up a hill before he got to us . It was so big I thought it was a horse !!then went back to his house to cookout and I planted some tomato plants and then took a walk after dinner.Now I am at home talking to my friends !! GREAT DAY
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    My garden is in need of a little tlc if you need something more to do!
    Sorry Lisa! Wore out. Maybe next Memorial Day? (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did your old bag have sad memories?
    memories of feeling too sick, of pains, of loneliness, of too heavy to carry on.... but they belong to another thread..... the point is that I had enough energy to go for shopping because there are days in which I am depleted of energy to do it....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I still have more investigations to go I feel I've been whipping Wegs and possible other illnesses since 3 Wednesdays ago.
    The reason being my bone and bone marrow biopsy results came back clear. They still don't know why my red blood cells (which are made in the marrow) are getting pushed into my blood stream before they're fully developed. But at least it meant I could fly to Cyprus 2 weeks ago.
    I'm now sat waiting for my delayed flight to London. Then the onward flight to Manchester the morning after.
    For the last 3 months its been 3 hospital visits per week. This 2 week break in the sun has done me wonders.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I have no earth-shattering accomplishments to report, but i whipped Wegs because I'm not letting it destroy my peace of mind today. This is a hard thing for me to do! But I'm determined...
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You crazy lot really brought a smile to my face today. I love the images I'm getting of you all cracking on with 'Life' as we know it and enjoying those silly little things we all would once take for granted.
    Well I must have fed the Wegs dog a good bone because today I was up at 6am to drive our car to a different garage/service station for a major service. Whilst the car was getting oiled/greased up and filters changed, I visited my old work place and shot the breeze with former colleagues and great friends. Got some flowers for my secretary and 2 bags of lip smacking doughnuts for the crew.
    All in all a "Fine Day"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I have no earth-shattering accomplishments to report, but i whipped Wegs because I'm not letting it destroy my peace of mind today. This is a hard thing for me to do! But I'm determined...

You go Lisa! One day at a time, one small victory at a time too! I wouldn't have made it this far without a small victory here and there!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Although I still have more investigations to go I feel I've been whipping Wegs and possible other illnesses since 3 Wednesdays ago.
    The reason being my bone and bone marrow biopsy results came back clear. They still don't know why my red blood cells (which are made in the marrow) are getting pushed into my blood stream before they're fully developed. But at least it meant I could fly to Cyprus 2 weeks ago.
    I'm now sat waiting for my delayed flight to London. Then the onward flight to Manchester the morning after.
    For the last 3 months its been 3 hospital visits per week. This 2 week break in the sun has done me wonders.
    I had a med that was causing my red blood cells to have poor development but after i quit it my anemia got better and even improved to almost normal limits in two years.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast