Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Lisa you have a lot to be anxious about right now. This is a normal feeling when there is so much uncertainty as there is with your diagnosis. Hopefully a lot of this will resolve itself when you get your ct results in a week or so. Unfortunately like others have said it's sometimes part of the disease process. Do you think it could have been your busy day combined with the kids fighting and the stress that pushed you over the top? I know that not having control or feeling like I don't have control gives me anxiety too. The meditation cd will help even if it's to only listen to the music. Deep cleansing breaths.

I hope things have calmed down by now and that you are enjoying a nice relaxing evening out with your friends. Here's to better days ahead. Hugs to you.
    And to you! I cancelled the dinner. I've cancelled on this friend so much I'm amazed she will still try, but she's very patient and understanding. I just couldn't do it. My busy day turned into hubby's extra busy day while I slept... Just one of those days that didn't go according to plan. The kids' fighting didn't help, but when I'm feeling relatively ok I can manage that with the usual tools--threats, bribes, yelling, physically separating them. When I feel too crummy I just can't do it. You're right, the uncertainty is definitely contributing to the anxiety. Tomorrow is a new day! I appreciate your support so much. I am amazed every day here...

Hope you had a good day!
    Last edited by LisaT; 05-25-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep well, Lisa, tomorow is a new day. and you have us with you all the way to hold your hand....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just FYI so nobody worries... I'm trying an experiment for today to see whether spending less time on iPad and other screens will help my headache. So if I'm not on most of today don't worry about me, I'm turning off the screen for a while. I've been so addicted I'm on here constantly and didn't want anyone to wonder why I'm not chiming in for a bit. Hope all are feeling as well and possible and have a good day! Let's see how long I can actually stay off my iPad.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. Sorry about the headache they are soooo annoying. Good luck with turning off the electronics. I've tried it once or twice......Lol Hope you have a restful day.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol.... welcome to the addicted club.... best on the globe..... I doubt that this is what caused the headaches but it is worth a try..... good luck and have a blessed day !

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Lol.... welcome to the addicted club.... best on the globe..... I doubt that this is what caused the headaches but it is worth a try..... good luck and have a blessed day !

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

I don't think it causes the headaches but it doesn't help get rid of them. I didn't stay offline altogether, just spent less time… t feel a bit better now, it's just lurking in the background but I'm functioning again. Both my kids have a cold that I'm trying to avoid catching. I appreciate everyone's good wishes… Some of you are dealing with so much more.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel the love surrounding you, filling your every pore with Gods love and healing energies.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa ,sorry I haven't chimmed in so much but I have read this thread and caught up on what's going on with you.Like everyone said this disease gives you a lot to me anxious about especially if you are not sure about the treatment you are getting. But treatment is the most important thing and if you are not happy with what the drs. are doing and the treatment your getting then you definitely need to look elsewhere
    Also pred can be our best friend and our worst enemy,it makes us feel better but we can also have an attitude change in a minute. I used to do yoga a lot and the relaxed breathing calms you down but now I have been putting a ipod on and I go for a nice walk. I hope you find something that works for you but just think positive,things do get better
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

headaches can be the starting of cold from the kids.... do you still have them today ? how long do you have them ? there are couple of threads about headaches around....
    being on line (here !) can reduce headaches..... said the addicted user
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lisa, Sounds like you are riding the roller coaster at this moment and everything seems to be against you. Is there some underlying doubt in your mind about your treatment regime? Perhaps you could "clear the air" with your doctor?
    I read that your pred doseage is low so that would make me think its not that. It seems as tho your children are giving you a hard time at present which of course cannot help. ANy thoughts on improving that situation??
    As for myself, I did eventually get counselling from my hospital when I hit basement level and thought I was going to check out. It helped enormously and anything to help in that area, i.e your meditation cd is to be encouraged.
    If all fails just get onto this forum and hang it all out there! Wishing you better times.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast