Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Uh oh

I just got the call again, the same one I got twice last month. . It's my dr's nurse calling to say that I have labs that are so abnormal I must go to the hospital immediately for iv therapy. Well I got that call last month twice! Each time they admitted me for nearly a week. I missed a birthday and Easter. I had a very bad experience in the local hospital and just thinking about it makes me cry. I negotiated for what felt like my life, she said she will speak to the dr about prescribing me supplements and holding off on the hospital admit. I want to chain myself to a tree and say you can't make me go!!!! I am so scared right now, I'm pacing, eating, and shaking. Wish me luck that I can stay home!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Heather,
    I am sorry can you tell more, what is wrong with your labs ? what treatment do you get at the hospital ? I hope it will not take long this time.
    take us with you and you will not be alone there.
    good luck. prayers.....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds so simple but it's low magnesium, which I never knew at my levels is fatal. My creatinine or something he said is thru the roof. He said I have non-existent b12. Oh, and my potassium is gone. I am not sure why my body won't hold onto electrolytes. So confused

Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creatinine should be normal. it is important to make sure it is. it is an indication for the kidney's functioning. I hope all will be ok soon.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Heather,
    Potas and Mag lows can be dangerous, speaking from experience. However, you seem to be aware and able to talk about it which is good sign. Need to get cked though and bring them back up. We are praying for you and docs to make right decisions in this matter. You are definitely not alone. Take some deep breaths and walk back into peace and calmness God Bless!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear the news about yr labs. I looked at mine to compare and they never ck my potassium or b12 and they have only cked my mag. 4 times in 3 years. I'll have to ask my pcp when I see him tomorrow cause now I'm curious. But I hope all goes well and they won't admit you. Sound like you just have bad luck around holidays..after this you should be good till the 4th of July . Keep us updated and GOOD LUCK !!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry, Heather. I don't suppose this bodes well for you coming down to the farmers market to meet me on Saturday. Or maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised! But of course your health comes first and just going through these things is extra stressful, so you will need lots of rest even if you aren't admitted to the hospital. I'll be thinking of you, sending out prayers, and looking forward to whenever we do meet.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heather I'm sorry you are going through this right now. What is creating this problem? Could it be one of the meds you are on or don't they know?

It is an emergency situation and as much as you don't want to go to the hospital it will probably be necessary. I had to have potassium via IV when I got diverticulitis and threw up continuously for 2 days, that depleted me pretty bad. I remember them being worried about it. Since low potas can affect the heart please reconsider going to the hospital.

Better safe than sorry Heather, your health is most important right now. Why is the hospital stay a week at a time? Please take care and keep us posted. Hugs and prayers to you.
    Last edited by windchime; 05-23-2014 at 07:27 AM.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no Anne, I'm on a mission to get to the market my mother in law is coming with me to help.

Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yes, I suppose it is better if I unchain myself from the tree and admit myself. The dr hasn't called me back yet to say go, so I am encouraged.
    I don't know why my electrolytes plummet. It started even before the chemo and prednisone. They did tell me if this happens again they are going to to do a lower go and scope thing to see if my body is even able to absorb them properly. I stayed a week because they were giving me the supplements every day and my levels would not budge. To be honest, when the mag was so low, my heart was involved. I had an irregular heartbeat and a second degree heart block. Now they are talking pacemaker. I am only 41! I don't want one yet

But yes, I took a nap and feel much more rational. Ty for the awesome support and advice

Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast