Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tooth and gums pain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting because my teeth have been very sensitive to cold this week. Very painful. I take 20mg of pred and 25mg of MTX a week. I have had sores in my mouth since the 3rd week of MTX. I get the sores silver nitrated when they hurt. Nothing is helping the teeth. not fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to figure out why this is happening to me... Someone posted that since they started prednione it has eroded their teeth and made them feel loose. I am not that severe but I feel like with the pain and receeding gums I am on my way I do not have any mouth sores, so I dont know if that is related
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A visit to the dentist is a good idea. My mouth is very sensitive to spicy foods. They make my tongue burn. I asked the dentist about it and he said it was med related. This was before pred and CTX so they're not the only ones that can cause us problems. I have receding gum lines also, but I keep in mind that some of that is part of aging.

Miska, whoever your treating doc is for the wegs and MTX should be able to give you a script for a mouthwash.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alicia had a flare of Wegener's in her teeth and gums. It was written up as a case study here: Elsevier

She was treated with rituximab and has any subsequent dental work done at the dental hospital rather than her local dental surgery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth useful when I am sensitive to cold. Takes a few uses though before I see a difference.
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12