Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default West Central Ohio Vasculitis Foundation Support Group

Here is a photo of the attendees at the first meeting of the West Central Ohio Vasculitis Foundation Support Group in Springfield, OH. I am wearing a blue shirt in the second row.

We had a good turnout despite the fact that there was a tornado warning about an hour before the meeting started. Most of the vasculitis patients present were fellow weggies.

Guest speaker was Dr. Don Gebhardt, a retired ENT who is a fellow weggie. He said that before cytoxan became widely used in the 1970s to treat GPA/Wegs, the 2-year mortality rate was about 90%. Pretty sobering.

Consensus of the group was to meet again in about 3 months. Hope to see more of this forum's members from Ohio there next time. I'll keep you posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW, awesome turnout.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete, you look great btw, you don't look sick are there more forum members in the pic ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're looking great, Pete! That was an awesome turnout! I really wanted to go, but I was just so exhausted... I ended up coming home from my dentist appointment and napped the rest of the day. When I woke up I had already missed it. Hopefully I'll have this fatigue under control and make the next one!
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, no other forum members there. I mentioned the forum to several people and will provide the chapter with info.

Rebekah, sorry you couldn't make it. Understand why. About an hour before I arrived, Springfield had a tornado warning. No damage, but quite a bit of rain.

Thanks for the comments about my appearance. I'm also feeling good.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it pretty informative ? I wanted to go also but having to take care of mom I couldn't get away. My days are pretty much at home with her. But that was a nice group picture,did u tell them about our forum here,maybe some of them will join. Glad you didn't have a tornado, the news wasn't sounding good for there.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !