Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One down, two to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default One down, two to go!

Had a breast biopsy this morning (not related to Wegs); it wasn't too bad and I've decided after the last few such procedures that having chronic pain gives one a high pain threshold. I used to wonder whether my and other chronic pain patients' nervous systems were hypersensitive to pain. But I have these procedures that I'm told will hurt or be uncomfortable and they're not bad at all, and I think it's just because I'm so used to being in constant pain it's nothing in comparison to what I feel every day. Two more appointments this week: the special chest ct to look at a structure on or near my heart. That's the one I'm really worried about. Then a follow-up eye one that's No big deal. Fun week! Silver lining: they told me to rest for two days and do no housework or cooking. No need to tell me twice! So I'm catching up on some very important tv shows... And looking forward to whatever Dean makes for dinner! I've decided that what we really need in this family is another wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sure hope the breast biopsy comes back normal. Hopefully this heart thing is no biggy as well.

2 wives does make sense but if you want 2 husbands just let me know, I'm available.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I sure hope the breast biopsy comes back normal. Hopefully this heart thing is no biggy as well.

2 wives does make sense but if you want 2 husbands just let me know, I'm available.
    Do you cook?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When do you find out about the breast biopsy? Did you get the wire stuck down into the spot where they needed to do the biopsy? I had that done and it was without a numbing agent. It wasn't too bad. I think you're right about pain, I've developed a higher pain tolerance as the years go by. Good luck with the biopsy and ct results.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    Do you cook?
    I make a mean chili and beef stroganoff. I can do many other dishes as well like chicken catiatore.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very uncharacteristic, but I'm not too worried about the biopsy. They were taking it because of microcalcifications that are usually benign. Perhaps I'm not worried because there is an entire beautiful facility full of doctors and treatments and millions of dollars to fight breast cancer. It seems more of a known entity than WG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure you are fine hun.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Found this info in the newfangled ct scanner they'll be using on me on Thursday. I had no idea it was such an innovation. In case anyone is interested:

St. Paul's Hospital is First in Canada to Scan Patients with Groundbreaking Technology

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick comment on the pain tolerance thing. I've come to think that about myself, too, that I have a high pain threshold. Not that nothing ever hurts! But I've had dental issues that should have hurt a lot but didn't at all, and have not experienced any of the pain that many on here have with their sinuses, even though I have extensive bone erosion and disturbance of tissue in there. Not sure what it all means.

Anyway, Lisa, I wish you the best of all possible results on all of your tests!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    When do you find out about the breast biopsy? Did you get the wire stuck down into the spot where they needed to do the biopsy? I had that done and it was without a numbing agent. It wasn't too bad. I think you're right about pain, I've developed a higher pain tolerance as the years go by. Good luck with the biopsy and ct results.
    It was a core needle biopsy, they make a small incision and then shoot the needle in and take tissue samples. It was with freezing. I get the results June 2nd the same day as I get chest ct results. I called in the big guns... My mom is coming with me.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast