Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: One down, two to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone ever heard if Dr. Lowe from Recovery- he said "lower your expections and your performance will rise".
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvilner View Post
    If anyone ever heard if Dr. Lowe from Recovery- he said "lower your expections and your performance will rise".
    I hear ya. Just wondering when I will have lowered them enough... Some days it's hard not to feel useless... Don't worry, I know that's not the case, it's just a feeling...
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Yes, Lisa, I have those times of feeling useless. Then someone encourages me, I get over it and the crying. Anxious to hear from you about test. Am praying for you and am proud that you get up to take care of your family. It is ok that they take their clothes from a pile At least they are clean! I too like your pic and wondered if you drew it. Especially like the glasses

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Beverly! Funny, I had great red glasses like one in the drawing and lost them in my own house. I figure they must have somehow ended up in the garbage or recycling. I loved those glasses! I know those times of feeling useless and depressed are temporary, so now I just remind myself of that when I'm in a funk. This too shall pass.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two down, one to go! Yesterday sucked but today is a new day. I had a bad headache, and not having morning coffee (I had to hold off until after the CT) wasn't helping. Then the nurse gave me beta blockers to slow my heartbeat… which didn't work. I must have been anxious or something. So he repeated the dose and waited… it started to work but not enough. Finally, after a third dose and some interesting conversation while my headache intensified, my heart rate was low enough and they were able to do the CT. What they didn't tell me until I was halfway through was that I then needed to take nitroglycerin to dilate my blood vessels. This didn't sound to me like a great idea for someone with inflamed blood vessels, but the nurse reassured me that it would be fine, it just might 'give' me a headache. I think I'm completely incapable of coping without coffee, because the thought of making my already brutal headache worse, caused me to burst into tears. He was so sweet, brought me water and wiped my tears with my blankie. It made me realize two things: 1. how much of a difference it makes when someone just takes a moment to empathize and show some care; and 2. that every once in a while I just want to be babied. Once I got out of there and stopped for coffee and curry (my comfort food--I know, I'm Jewish but Indian food is just so much better! Unless of course, you live in Israel where the food is delicious, right, Alysia?) Anyways, that's over and done with and on to the next. However, since it's raining and my back is acting up, which makes it hurt to drive, I'm going to cancel today's eye follow-up and spend the day doing lazier and more fun things. Nothing urgent about making sure the eye procedure looks good on healing. I don't think. Hope everyone is having a good day!
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey LisaT-I live in Israel too! Yes the food here is delicious. Plus we have great coffee and curry-so come on over. We'll start our own WG chapter/vasculitis org here 😉
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvilner View Post
    Hey LisaT-I live in Israel too! Yes the food here is delicious. Plus we have great coffee and curry-so come on over. We'll start our own WG chapter/vasculitis org here 
    I spent a summer in Israel many years ago (half of it on Kibbutz) and didn't want to leave. I loved it there and felt surrounded by family. The weather wasn't bad either! I'd love to go back someday.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lisa,
    you were brave as well in that scary CT you were so blessed to have that empathic doc, it really makes the difference.... we all need to be babied when it hurts or scary.... I hope that the headache went away.
    when will you get the results ? praying for good ones...
    why did you have to do that CT ? is it wg-related or other ?
    and yes. the food here is delcious.... as Joyce wrote above, you are invited, just name the food that you like, and I will cook it for you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the falafel and pizza in Israel (the New York style pizza in Jerusalem, yum!) but now I can't eat either (unless the falafel is without wheat and I eat it without pita). All Israeli salads are delicious. I couldn't eat meat there for so e reason. I think it had to do with the chicken coops on the kibbutz and their 'aroma'. I stopped eating red meat for ten years after the trip but started again the moment Sophie was born. I must have needed iron! I've been a carnivore ever since. Now craving one of those yummy chopped cucumber tomato salads. What is the herb that's chopped up and thrown in? I must have this today.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    I loved the falafel and pizza in Israel (the New York style pizza in Jerusalem, yum!) but now I can't eat either (unless the falafel is without wheat and I eat it without pita). All Israeli salads are delicious. I couldn't eat meat there for so e reason. I think it had to do with the chicken coops on the kibbutz and their 'aroma'. I stopped eating red meat for ten years after the trip but started again the moment Sophie was born. I must have needed iron! I've been a carnivore ever since. Now craving one of those yummy chopped cucumber tomato salads. What is the herb that's chopped up and thrown in? I must have this today.
    do you mean this herb ? Parsley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I don't know how to make Falafel but I know a good place to buy it....
    as for the others, you prob means to this: Hummus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and this Tahini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    which we usually buy and not make at home.
    but I can make for you stuffed chicken, stuffed peppers, soup with Knaidlach, kebab, kugal, or Salmon with cream.... all Kosher.... anyway, I think that the home-kitchen is not so different....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast