Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One down, two to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with it all. The new CT scanner sounds really neat. Def state of the art.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are a brave girl, Lisa
    I had breast biopsy couple of years ago, before wg, and it was painful like hell. I was whimpering. (I didn't want to tell you about mine yesterday when we chat before you went there, not to frighten you). but maybe I am too sensitive. every thing is aching even pedicure.
    I am sure it will be nothing. mine was too.
    good luck ar the CT. I hope this will nothing as well. you already have WG, so enough is enough.
    sending to you prayers and hugs
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be a little sensitive too if someone was poking needles into my breast. Speaking of needles, when I went to the lab today I had my oh so favorite phlebotomist....NOT, and she poked me hard and it still hurts. Now there is a big bruise there.....GRRR.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I'd be a little sensitive too if someone was poking needles into my breast. Speaking of needles, when I went to the lab today I had my oh so favorite phlebotomist....NOT, and she poked me hard and it still hurts. Now there is a big bruise there.....GRRR.
    How dare she ? didn't she know you are Batman ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess not.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    you are a brave girl, Lisa
    I had breast biopsy couple of years ago, before wg, and it was painful like hell. I was whimpering. (I didn't want to tell you about mine yesterday when we chat before you went there, not to frighten you). but maybe I am too sensitive. every thing is aching even pedicure.
    I am sure it will be nothing. mine was too.
    good luck ar the CT. I hope this will nothing as well. you already have WG, so enough is enough.
    sending to you prayers and hugs
    Right back at ya, Alysia... I guess I've reached the point where I've lived with pain for so long I no longer fear it. All it can do is hurt... And eventually pass or let up. I sort of hypnotize myself by telling myself it won't hurt too bad, all will go well, it will be over soon etc. They were a bit worried I'd bleed too much because I'm on an NSAID (anti-inflammatory), so I also told myself I wouldn't bleed much... I bled less than a 'normal person' not on meds that thin your blood. It may or may not have had anything to do with my self-talk, but either way it kept me calm and I didn't need to take an Ativan and be driven home in a stupor. (Knocks me right out... I take a quarter of one pill for major dental work and end up so loopy I keep trying to comment on the tv show they've put on for me while they are actually working in my mouth... Thank you for your prayers and hugs, and same to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry she gave you an owie... I hope it feels better today. Ice packs help. They gave me a special one to wear in a special place, so I walk around looking lopsided for two days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    Right back at ya, Alysia... I guess I've reached the point where I've lived with pain for so long I no longer fear it. All it can do is hurt... And eventually pass or let up. I sort of hypnotize myself by telling myself it won't hurt too bad, all will go well, it will be over soon etc. They were a bit worried I'd bleed too much because I'm on an NSAID (anti-inflammatory), so I also told myself I wouldn't bleed much... I bled less than a 'normal person' not on meds that thin your blood. It may or may not have had anything to do with my self-talk, but either way it kept me calm and I didn't need to take an Ativan and be driven home in a stupor. (Knocks me right out... I take a quarter of one pill for major dental work and end up so loopy I keep trying to comment on the tv show they've put on for me while they are actually working in my mouth... Thank you for your prayers and hugs, and same to you.
    that sounds awesome, to tell yourself all of this and to also listen to yourself
    thanks for your good words. waiting to hear your update about the CT and eye check and holding your hand during them
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    that sounds awesome, to tell yourself all of this and to also listen to yourself
    thanks for your good words. waiting to hear your update about the CT and eye check and holding your hand during them
    Thank you! I will appreciate having you there with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I make a mean chili and beef stroganoff. I can do many other dishes as well like chicken catiatore.
    Sounds yummy.
    I do!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast