Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nasty cold/congestion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nasty cold/congestion

Since starting to see a myriad of docs and trying to find out what's wrong with me, I'm facing my first horrible cold. I'm just starting to feel it come on, but it is going to be nasty. My sister brought it home from work (we're roommates), and she has a horrible cough, lung congestion, sinus congestion, sore throat, fever, etc.

I can feel congestion starting in my chest and sinuses and I woke up with a sore throat yesterday.

My question for you all: do I need to watch this closely, or will it be just a sickness I need to get over? To be perfectly honest, I'm scared to get a cough or any chest congestion - I'm afraid it'll spark Wegs in my chest. So far, my lungs aren't affected. Could this affect them? Maybe it's a stupid question, but I'm not afraid to ask those kinds.

Thanks. Jen
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

http://www.sensinganenemy.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know quite a few of us have caught colds and just gotten over them. It seems more likely that it could stimulate Wegs if there was an infection involved somewhere. I would just take care of yourself, drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest, etc. With your sis having a fever, though, I wonder if it could be more than a cold. Just be very careful and try to lessen the effects by taking the above actions early on. Maybe others will have more to say.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jen. I am sorry you got it keep an eye on it and whenver you suspect somthing, ask your doc. I would also do labs to make sure what is going on. take care and get well soon
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jen, I would give my doc a call to just give them a heads up. they might want to start you on an antibiotic to keep pneumonia at bay.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, everyone. My anxiety is down - because of your replies. I'll keep an eye on it, but Cindy, you're right. I'll email my doc about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Godgirl, my wife is now where you were back in May. Can I ask you how it turned out? She has been given an Rx for an antibiotic, but we are scared it might start a flare in her chest...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it ended up being fine. I took the best care of myself that I could and got over it fairly quickly. I still bite my nails if someone comes into the office with a cough, but so far so good.

Your wife should be fine. Just make sure she takes care of herself.

Jen