Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nausea?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree it is better to save the ondansetron for occasional or unusual nausea, and I didn't know it could cause headaches. Like most such meds, overusing them or relying on them too much is often not a good thing in the long run. I wonder if it would help with MTX nausea, but would not want to use it on a continual basis, either. I am not about to try it as my MTX nausea isn't that bad and I don't want to use up the anti-nausea pills that I have.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ginger tea Ginger tea is better than any drug for me for nausea. Yogi is the brand I use. I did full on CTX chemo and the ginger tea saved me, twice a day had a cup.The nausea drugs just made me so out of it that I could not take them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was using Zofran every two weeks along with my Cytoxan infusion for several months. I had horrible headaches after each infusion. they gave me oxycodone for this. Eventually I ended up in a fetal ball on my living room floor crying uncontrollably and had to call for the meat wagon. Some of the worst pain I have ever experienced. The ER doc gave me morphine and told me to stop the Zofran that it inflammed a nerve at the base of my brain. I stopped the Zofran and I was fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I was using Zofran every two weeks along with my Cytoxan infusion for several months. I had horrible headaches after each infusion. they gave me oxycodone for this. Eventually I ended up in a fetal ball on my living room floor crying uncontrollably and had to call for the meat wagon. Some of the worst pain I have ever experienced. The ER doc gave me morphine and told me to stop the Zofran that it inflammed a nerve at the base of my brain. I stopped the Zofran and I was fine.
    I am sorry, Kirk, that you have being through such pains and agony a bit here and a bit there, you are telling us more about the tough times that you have being through..... I am amazed and thrilled.... thanks for sharing. you are a true hero.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aewaustin View Post
    Ginger tea Ginger tea is better than any drug for me for nausea. Yogi is the brand I use. I did full on CTX chemo and the ginger tea saved me, twice a day had a cup.The nausea drugs just made me so out of it that I could not take them.
    I'm finding that ginger helps dizziness, too, which can be related to nausea. I shake some from a shaker onto my tea or coffee and it helps. If I see the Yogi brand I will give some thought to trying it. There is also a Celestial Seasonings tea called Bengal Spice which has ginger in it among other things. It is kind of like a chai without the caffeine.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is an older thread, but just wanted to add that I break the 8mg zofran pills in half and just give my mom 1/2 pill crushed between spoons with a little water.
    The zofran is supposed to last about 8 hrs.
    She has not needed anymore than this 1/2 pill and the nausea goes away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12