Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ex daughter-in-law went through a quilt making stage and made me a beautiful picture quilt using pictures I gave her of the boys growing up. She also made the grandkids some nice quilts.

So gifting is one idea also maybe some selling since some additional income will be welcome. Depends on how much I can get done. I used to sew a lot when I was younger. I loved doing it, but life got in the way.

If anyone is interested the one book is called, "Your first quilt book" by Carol Doak. I got it on Amazon for about $20. It seems to be a pretty straightforward and understandable book.

Thanks for offering to get pictures Anne. Anything that helps is great.

Lisa it will be a good distraction, as far a stress goes that will depend on how many seams I have to rip out. Always hated that part.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took up photography again after many years
    All the best
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggled View Post
    Benn 10 years since I have done a single thing close to a hobby. I always spent every spare moment sleeping, crying, thinking, .. All that stuff. I've only been on mtx for 3 weeks and I'm already thinking about picking up a hobby. Can't go back to skydiving... Not in the mood to make bead jewelry again. Then I got an idea. I am going to start blogging. Not for popularity, or even a message to all I guess. Just to get all my ideas out. We all go through so much, change, growth, and morph our minds and bodies. So I started a list of things that I think about, have an opinion about etc. filled 2 pages in less than 10 mins, I have something to say! I think this will be a great outlet for me, it will also be a great legacy to leave for my kids, something for them to read when I am gone, and learn who I really was inside, without WG.
    Then I realized, I am on a 2 year treatment plan, and if I write every day, all day, I am going to become a raging lunatic, analyzing this crazy brain of mine lol. Ok, this is the longest lead up to the simple questions ever. Lol
    does anyone else blog? Help?
    what are your hobbies? What do you do for personal enrichment? I just know there is stuff to do that I have never thought of.
    Great idea that blogging!! Well done Might give it a try myself as I'm never short of a word either haha

I have two current hobbies. I'm learning bass guitar and I collect WWI and WWII medals and memorabilia such as photos, soldier's passports, letters of promotion, death notices etc etc.

Oh yeah one other hobby - going to L-O-U-D concerts every weekend and ensuring I'm all the way at the front
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might soon need cochlear implants like I have Andrew.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    You might soon need cochlear implants like I have Andrew.
    Haha nope I use earplugs. Really good ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of music?
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
    What type of music?

Don't ask.....lol
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently had a reiki treatment and was told I need to express my creative side . I asked if painting the kitchen counted, NOT. So I bought acrylic paint and a few terracotta pots and will paint pictures of the herbs in the pot. I have not painted anything except a wall since elementary school. LOL. Now that I have to rest my back it is a good time to let the creative juices flow. I love to sew but I don't feel like setting up the machine. I read a lot especially books on wellness and cookbooks. I could buy some clay and channel Anne. :0))))))).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Great idea that blogging!! Well done Might give it a try myself as I'm never short of a word either haha

I have two current hobbies. I'm learning bass guitar and I collect WWI and WWII medals and memorabilia such as photos, soldier's passports, letters of promotion, death notices etc etc.

Oh yeah one other hobby - going to L-O-U-D concerts every weekend and ensuring I'm all the way at the front
    Andrew, I went on a motorcycle rally with a friend who is profoundly deaf. After the ride there was a rock concert. My friend walked up to the speakers and put his ear up against it. He made quite an impression on the other bikers. They didn't know he was deaf. He was one cool crazy dude. Really he was a mild mannered college professor.
    Also if you do get to Connecticut my husband has a music room filled with instruments and speakers. He is always up for jamming. Just saying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Don't ask.....lol
    Lol, I was going to say the same thing
    Sorry Chief
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast