Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hobbies!

Benn 10 years since I have done a single thing close to a hobby. I always spent every spare moment sleeping, crying, thinking, .. All that stuff. I've only been on mtx for 3 weeks and I'm already thinking about picking up a hobby. Can't go back to skydiving... Not in the mood to make bead jewelry again. Then I got an idea. I am going to start blogging. Not for popularity, or even a message to all I guess. Just to get all my ideas out. We all go through so much, change, growth, and morph our minds and bodies. So I started a list of things that I think about, have an opinion about etc. filled 2 pages in less than 10 mins, I have something to say! I think this will be a great outlet for me, it will also be a great legacy to leave for my kids, something for them to read when I am gone, and learn who I really was inside, without WG.
    Then I realized, I am on a 2 year treatment plan, and if I write every day, all day, I am going to become a raging lunatic, analyzing this crazy brain of mine lol. Ok, this is the longest lead up to the simple questions ever. Lol
    does anyone else blog? Help?
    what are your hobbies? What do you do for personal enrichment? I just know there is stuff to do that I have never thought of.
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have recently decided to try quilting. Haven't started it yet as I have to acquire the necessary tools, etc. But I thought that would keep me amused for awhile and I do love to sew. May morph into some sewing projects as well. I'll see where it takes me.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourite hobby is Pool. Next would be reading. I used to love walking but unfortunately I have not walked for a few years now due to the lungs.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I also have a puppy, she's under a year old and only knows a few commands.... I have a private trainer coming for 2 sessions next month (can't drive) I could focus on her and have one of those amazing dogs. Just thought of that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hobbies are wonderful (I golf), and keep one distracted as long as they are within one's capabilities. There is a Weggie on here who has done the Iditarod the past 2 years...now there's a hobby! LOL! As for journals, you should keep one...WG seems to tangle the mind and emotions a lot (as any uncertain disease may), so keep writing. I kept one for just under 2 years...while it wasn't fun to reread, I did learn a lot about my self under these conditions. Just do it!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I think I am the only one left that has never learned to golf. I understand the concept, but I tell my mind to make the ball go in the hole, and it doesn't listen!
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many many years ago I was knitting every jumper pattern around. Knitted jumpers, booties, etc for my kids and my girlfriends babies etc, then one day I just stopped. I started quilting and have many many squares sewn, and then I stopped.
    I have a million and one recipe books and liked cooking different things, and then I stopped.
    I started making photo albums and got this little beaut photo printer and printed a million photo's from a few SD cards that were lying around - and yep, you guessed it, then I stopped.
    I took up ten pin bowling. All of my family golf (in fact my mum lives within a golf course community) and I tried golf, but ten pin bowling was the way to go.
    .......and then, yes I stopped but the RA in my hands made me stop this time I just couldn't hold the ball anymore.
    I also can't knit or quilt/sew because my fingers just don't allow it.

I facebook I am the administrator for the Australia and New Zealand WG/GPA group on facebook. I comment on this forum and I also like to research my family tree. I guess the genealogy part is a hobby.
    All of this is computer work which I can and like to do.

I haven't given up on ten pin bowling, I still go every weekend but I do not bowl anymore, I support my husband who does bowl (my kids have now given up) and I am the Treasurer of the league that my husband bowls in, and that I used to bowl in.

I have never blogged and wouldn't think that anyone would be interested in what I was saying. My daughter is really smart and creative with that type of stuff. I don't think it's for me but I love everyone else's blogs and find them well written and very cleverly created.
    Good luck with yours
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that if you think back to what you loved to do in grade two, that's what you were meant to do! I have been trying to find time and energy for the things I loved doing as a kid--drawing, painting (still haven't found time for that in a long while but I have all the supplies and blank canvases ready to go!), singing along to music, I would love to get biking again but my body isn't cooperating at the moment... I love to write and hope to do that more regularly, and as a way of distracting myself from stress, pain, etc. I've been doing quite a bit of reading and tv watching... Whatever puts me in a better frame of mind! Sometimes when I'm too tired to play with the kids or need my heating pad, we sit in my bed and watch funny youtube videos of kids, pets etc. Laughter is an awesome medicine! I've also been meditating here and there (not regularly enough), and same with yoga (I see a pattern here...) I hope you find some fun pursuits...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggled View Post
    You know, I think I am the only one left that has never learned to golf. I understand the concept, but I tell my mind to make the ball go in the hole, and it doesn't listen!
    I can't even hit the ball. My six year old is better at golf than I. Some things just weren't meant to be!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golf in Israel is mostly for rich people who live in few rich cities (not me).
    Pool in Israel exist only in few places.
    I love reading and writing. when I felt better, I wrote professional articles, 2 of them were even published in professional Journal in Israel (in Hebrew). There left more articles that I started but too tired to continue. and I am still in the middle on translating those which were published to English. I also write few things more sentimental.
    but the real fun is my cats. I have 3 at home and 1 in the office and 1 street cat which adopted me lately.
    here is one of my cats. isn't he a beauty ?
    Last edited by Alysia; 05-19-2014 at 02:19 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast