Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    A guy I play pool with bought a 991 Turbo last year. One could buy a really nice house for what he paid for that car.
    Or 3 Boxsters...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 of my doctors have Caymans. I have driven both the new Cayman and the 991 and I prefer the Cayman. It feels more nimble and quicker. Porsche even admits that it will not give the Cayman too much power so it does not come close to the 911 models in performance.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 of my doctors have Caymans. I have driven both the new Cayman and the 991 and I prefer the Cayman. It feels more nimble and quicker. Porsche even admits that it will not give the Cayman too much power so it does not come close to the 911 models in performance.
    The Cayman is a Boxster coupe. Generally same drive train and chassis. Both Boxster and Cayman will handle better than a 911 because the engine is inside the wheelbase. My Boxster drives like it's on rails. Hard to make the tires break traction.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, your docs let you drive their fancy cars? Wow.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to have time for hobbies. I make pottery but can't call it a hobby because I depend on it for income. So, it is a job. If I had time for hobbies, I'd like to do things in the fiber arts, like sewing, quilting, weaving, dyeing. I could call gardening a hobby, but I don't have time to do it properly. But seeing as how some nice things do grow and flower every year, in spite of the weeds and lack of care, it is worthwhile and fulfilling without me putting a lot into it. I think gardening is a great hobby for Weggies; it can be on as large or small a scale as you can manage. As far as sports go, it would be walking, maybe boating, nothing too competitive or demanding, not golf. Although I guess walking around the golf course on a nice day could be pretty good.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Phil, your docs let you drive their fancy cars? Wow.
    A few of them have.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few of them have.
    na, still far from the batmobile....
    not to mention the jets....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Get UP....everybody...get UP...
    ok, Don, I understand that UP.
    but....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand your 'but', BUT the colloquial phraseology of the current etymological standards of the youthful/musical congregation of world wide standards and their music requires that 'somebody get up'!! That would be US...somebody needs to get their asses in gear in order to beat this disease...yesssss, MORE coffee....now everybody get UP!!!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to mention my biggest time-waster of all--pinterest! When I need to rest but can't sleep, or am up in the middle of the night using my nebulizer, or bored watching a kids' movie with my kids, I 'shop' on pinterest, pinning home decor, art, clothing, recipes that I'd like to use but almost never do... It satisfies my need for beauty, colour, etc. when I'm too lacking in energy to create. It also quiets the shopping gene because pinning that beautiful gown I'd never have any use for makes me feel as though I have it... I haven't been on pinterest since I found this forum... Hmmmm. This appears to be my new hobby.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast