Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggled View Post
    You know, I think I am the only one left that has never learned to golf. I understand the concept, but I tell my mind to make the ball go in the hole, and it doesn't listen!
    Stupid golf balls have minds of their own. What I do on the golf course is technically golf, but it's really more like flog.

On to other hobbies - I am in the process of landscaping our yard. Have the front yard pretty much where I want it. The back yard is getting much of the attention this year. Some perennial plantings, a few annuals for color, and starting Tuesday, about 3 yards of mulch...

I want to build a model railroad this coming fall/winter. I have three locomotives, but nothing else but ideas...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hobbies, interests, 2nd grade repeats...it's all good! Seriously. The real problem for peeps like us is dragging our asses to the desk, FLOG course, mountain, gym, and so on. It's easier in our states to sit, sleep, stay put. I'm feeling pretty well lately and numbers are great...I was so tired yesterday that I slept nearly 12 hours last nite...no reason, was just exhausted from not doing much. Sighs...push yourself, but know when to stop...not a bad way to live nowadays under this condition. Get UP....everybody...get UP...let's dance now!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    ...I was so tired yesterday that I slept nearly 12 hours last nite...no reason, was just exhausted from not doing much. Sighs...push yourself, but know when to stop...not a bad way to live nowadays under this condition. Get UP....everybody...get UP...let's dance now!
    not enough coffee, Don ?
    If I only could, I would be happy to sleep 12 hours. good for the skin of the face
    what is UP ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest time-waster is knowledge. I can be watching tv, see something that piques my interest and spend the next few hours reading about it on the internet. My most recent fascination is with European history during the first 1,000 years.

And, of course, my MGA takes a good deal of maintenance, so I piddle around with it a lot.

One of my degrees is in computer science, so my computer is probably my most time-consuming (time-wasting) hobby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I grew up on TR3s...talk about taking/wasting time: Lights by Lucas, the Prince of Darkness, leaky oil pans, constant tuning of side carbs...you name it! Went German in the 90s, not going back! LOL!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hobbies - I used to climb (walk) mountains. I really struggle now - after a couple of hours my back starts hurting. Whilst my lungs have recovered I lack the energy to do much (training does not seem to help). I used to ride my mountain bike - that too is pretty challenging for the same reason as mountain walking. I user to walk - still do, just not as much as before - 6 miles seems to be my limit these days (it used to be 10's of miles - having led expeditions to Greenland!). I used to sail - still do. Just had a wonderful day on the water with my brother. I sometimes rely on his strength to do things where I run out of energy -and certainly when it comes to maintenance!
    n

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lights by Lucas....
    Pretty much all of the lucas stuff is gone. I put in an electronic ignition. I still have the twin SU's, but I find them to be reliable and easy to work on. Aside from some tight spaces, the car is fun to work on because of it's simplicity. I want to get an MG TD for my wife.

I used to climb (walk) mountains. I really struggle now
    Same here... jogged most of my adult life. I would run 4 to 8 miles a day and could hike 15 miles with a 60 lb pack. Walking 2 miles is pretty much my limit now -- actually, 2 miles would exceed my limit. I could do it, but I would be down and out the next day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know you were into history vdub. I love European history as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    I grew up on TR3s...talk about taking/wasting time: Lights by Lucas, the Prince of Darkness, leaky oil pans, constant tuning of side carbs...you name it! Went German in the 90s, not going back! LOL!
    Porsche -- accept no substitutes!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guy I play pool with bought a 991 Turbo last year. One could buy a really nice house for what he paid for that car.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast