Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found a support group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I found a support group!

Through the Vasculitis Foundation I've gotten in touch with two women who run a support group in British Columbia, Canada! There are 18 people and of course, my first question will be whether they know of and recommend my rheumatologist and ENT and who I should see for a second opinion and treatment options. I forgot to ask if they're okay with me posting their contact information. I'm sure they will be but I will check with them and then post it. One of them is my age and lives not too far from me! And has offered to meet with me in person. I'm so happy and relieved to have found them! And yet, it made me cry. Very emotional these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now that you have your group, and that you have us, you are more free to cry
    maybe sometimes the tears are just waiting untill one is less lonely as before....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news! Support and understanding are sometimes undervalued when dealing with a disease like this. Let us know how you get on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to attending the West Central Ohio Chapter Vasculitis Foundation Support Group on Wednesday. Hope to see some of the Ohio members there as well. Will be my first time attending a formal support group.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a few from this forum that live in your area Lisa.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news Lisa. The support you need is there when you need it!!
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great, Lisa! Meeting and getting support from other Weggies near one's home is hard to beat. We truly are a bunch of kindred spirits in many ways. And I hope, hope, hope, that you can get hooked up with some good docs and can get the diagnosis and treatment you need, soon!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! Crying again. Sheesh! I'm going to end up just a big puddle. Looking forward to some visits from family coming up, which should also help a lot. My hubby's sister this weekend, then my mom for a week (she will come with me to results of a breast biopsy (haven't even mentioned that issue yet), and the gated chest Ct, all in the same morning! She's been planning to come visit, and she and my dad just returned to calgary from their winter in Scottsdale. When I found out both of those results were scheduled for the same day I left her a vm saying she needed to be here for June 2nd. I've done enough of this on my own, now I want my mommy! Waaaaaahhhh! Oh, and my sis from Seattle will come either in between SIL and mom, or after mom. We always have fun together. She has a lot of similar symptoms to my earlier ones, and chronic sinus infections and ear pain... I'm worried about her and told her to get her doc to check her bloodwork for inflammatory markers and ANCA. But that's another issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    That's great, Lisa! Meeting and getting support from other Weggies near one's home is hard to beat. We truly are a bunch of kindred spirits in many ways. And I hope, hope, hope, that you can get hooked up with some good docs and can get the diagnosis and treatment you need, soon!
    Now THAT was the response I was looking for at home this morning!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving this thread as itz close to my heart. Meeting fellow Weggies has been a life affirming moment in my life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast