Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cartilage in outer ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be, Cindy.... I only remember the thread and that I actually exchanged a couple emails with her in regard to the picture of her ear... but she stopped posting soon after saying she'd been started on RTX. So we didn't get an answer as to why the ears were so swollen.

Alysia, I should have thought of that.... she would likely get an email notification that someone had replied to her thread. Then she might be motivated to respond.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link. Polychondritis is what I've been worrying about. Right now I'm scheduled to start RTX on 5/29. I think I'll make an appointment with Dr. Lebovics. I'm short of breath & I had a chest xray & it didn't show anything. I had a pulmonary embolism a few years ago so there is lung damage but I'm concerned something new is starting.

My Rheumy is confident that the RTX will kick it down--something new all the time with this wonderful disease!!!

Be well everyone!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    Thanks for the link. Polychondritis is what I've been worrying about. Right now I'm scheduled to start RTX on 5/29. I think I'll make an appointment with Dr. Lebovics. I'm short of breath & I had a chest xray & it didn't show anything. I had a pulmonary embolism a few years ago so there is lung damage but I'm concerned something new is starting.

My Rheumy is confident that the RTX will kick it down--something new all the time with this wonderful disease!!!

Be well everyone!!!
    From experience a chest X-ray doesn't show everything. Try to get a CT if you can. Please keep us posted.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right Cindy, but I've had so many CT's, I'm trying to avoid them if I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    You're right Cindy, but I've had so many CT's, I'm trying to avoid them if I can.
    I know I get them every 6 months one of which was in April and I had another this month for something else. I'm sure I glow in the dark since they were with contrast. But if you are SOB you should get one. Just my two cents worth.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an update. I had my 1st of 4 RTX treatments on 6/3. All went well other than the usual can't find a vein stuff. I lost track after the 4th stab. My rheumy has a new infusion nurse. She is lovely & sweet, but I'd rather a nasty one who hits the vein on the 1st try. So far so good I am doing well. The ear is better too. I saw my nephrologist on 6/4 & she said she has one other patient who will get inflamed cartilage in her ear when she flares. That makes 2 of us.

The hope now is the RTX + I also get 250 mg solumedrol will knock the wegs back down. Things are looking up!

Be Well!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jean Marie....A few yrs ago I had very red ears, swollen and painful. Went to primary care doc who called rheumy. I am pretty sure they upped pred but don't know how much.
    I am glad to hear you are doing better after infusion. That should hopefully keep some of the flares from happening. Just wanted you to know there are others to whom flares ear have happened. Look forward to hearing more about your recovery!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12