Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cartilage in outer ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cartilage in outer ear

I wonder if anyone has heard of this. I'm currently having a flare. 3 days ago my outer ear lobe turned red & painful. My Rheumy took one look & said "How interesting, you have inflammation in the cartilage of your ear." My experience is whenever a doc says something is interesting you're about to have trouble.

I'm on 40 mg of pred, waiting for the Rheumy, oncologist & nephrologist to decide on how to proceed with treatment. The flare is so far limited to ears, uveitis, some joint pain, & other assorted stuff. The kidneys & lungs are OK. I've been thinking of getting a consult with Dr. Lebovics but I don't even know if he handles outer ears. I've not had tracheal stenosis or saddle nose in the past (there's always a first time) So my question is has anyone had Wegs in the ear lobe & if so did it clear up with treatment or did it remain a problem like a saddle nose?

Thanks to everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was someone on here whose whole outer ears, or at least one of them, was completely inflamed. I don't remember her user name, and it might have been as long as a year ago, so you might try some searches on the keywords you think might work.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow JeanMarie this is really interesting.

My ears used to always be bright red and burning hot and hurt like crazy.....not anymore, however both of my daughters also have this problem.

I never even thought of inflammation or what it could mean - it's just something we/they have lived with
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also remember that there was someone here with such a problem....
    I hope that you will recover soon from the flare and feel better.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remembered the username of that person, it was boonickel. Her last post was in 11/13. You can find her posts by going to her profile under community and member list. She had some trouble posting a pic of her ear but some may have been able to see it.... Anyway, she was started on RTX (rituxan) and we can only hope that cleared things up for her. She might not mind a private message.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you guys are great, I can't believe your memories. Its good to know there's at least one other like me. She hasn't been here in such a long while, I'm a little reluctant to pm her--still thinking about it.

Many, many thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    Wow, you guys are great, I can't believe your memories. Its good to know there's at least one other like me. She hasn't been here in such a long while, I'm a little reluctant to pm her--still thinking about it.

Many, many thanks!!!
    Well, actually, all I remembered was that "boo" was in her username. So I looked at the member list and found boonickel and knew that was it. I don't blame you for feeling reluctant to PM her at this point... although she might not mind a bit.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was seeing my Rheumy for the first time I remember him asking this question about my ears being red hot. He said that was a symptom of another form of vasculitis. I can't remember the name though. Selective brain fog I guess. :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the thread: http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...help-help.html
    if you are writing a post on it, it might be a way to ask her, in a way more comfortble... she will prob get notification to her e-mail about posting on her thread. she might be glad to share.
    Anne, I am amazed from your memory
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this by any chance what you are talking about Anne?

Relapsing polychondritis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast