User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Research! The Assessment of Prednisone in Remission Trial (TAPIR)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always take my pred (5 Mg. ) in the morning with breakfast but this morning I forgot all about it and I was busy doing things all day. It wasn't until 5:30 when I was to take a different pill that I noticed it. But I didn't have any problems all day until I noticed I didn't take it and I started feeling shaky. Wonder if it is just mind over matter. I was going to try not to take it since I went all day but ended up taking it anyway. Going to try this tomorrow and see if I can go all day this time
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I always take my pred (5 Mg. ) in the morning with breakfast but this morning I forgot all about it and I was busy doing things all day. It wasn't until 5:30 when I was to take a different pill that I noticed it. But I didn't have any problems all day until I noticed I didn't take it and I started feeling shaky. Wonder if it is just mind over matter. I was going to try not to take it since I went all day but ended up taking it anyway. Going to try this tomorrow and see if I can go all day this time
    be careful. you don't feel so much of the weaning on the first day. but a bit later.... I wouldn't try it.... at least not this way..... maybe trying to taper down 0.5 every couple of days... not sure.... if any....
    anyway, good luck.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to go from 10 mg to 5 and my headaches got way worse... My rheumatologist had suggested I go down to 5, then right off without a taper. It doesn't seem like good advice to me given how crummy the drop made me feel. I told him at my appointment earlier this week that I have been fiddling with it, sometimes taking 10 when I feel I need more (did this yesterday). He said to 'keep it at that' until chest ct results. Now I realize I'm not sure whether he meant, keep it at 5 mg, or keep fiddling with it? Either way, I think an abrupt drop or stopping altogether could lead to a monumental crash, which wouldn't be good. I have had those rare energetic days and thought hey, maybe I'm better and everything will go back to normal and I can stop taking all these medications. That would be lovely... But the energy doesn't ever seem to last to the next day. So, I try to take advantage of it without overdoing it and wait for a good string of energetic days before making any major changes. I think that life's demands on my energy almost always outweigh what's in the energy bank...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa, you can't drop from 10 to 5. it must be gradually: 10, 9, 8 , 7, 6, 5. each doze at least 2 weeks and to see if you can bear it.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I thought! He says no so I'm trying to ignore him and do it my way but only have 5mg pills. I'll talk to my pharmacist, maybe he can give me some 1 mg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pill cutter or a sharp knife with a steady hand works well. The pills are not perfect, but the drugs are usually distributed pretty well within the compound, so don't worry about too little or too much.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    A pill cutter or a sharp knife with a steady hand works well. The pills are not perfect, but the drugs are usually distributed pretty well within the compound, so don't worry about too little or too much.
    At one time when tapering i was cutting 1 mg pills into four pieces and going down 1/4 mg every couple weeks.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My taper schedule is
    10 mg on odd days 7.5 on even days for two weeks,
    7.5 for two weeks
    7.5 on odd days and 5 on even days for two weeks
    5 for two weeks -- Dr appointment.

So taper schedules vary from doc to doc.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The taper thing is different for everyone and every doctor. Mine was 10 - 7.5 - 5 - 0.
    I had no problem going from 5 to 0.

IGNORE ^ got it wrong
    Last edited by MCC; 05-25-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    The taper thing is different for everyone and every doctor. Mine was 10 - 7.5 - 5 - 0.
    I had no problem going from 5 to 0.
    How long were you on the pred before you went off completely ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast