User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Research! The Assessment of Prednisone in Remission Trial (TAPIR)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant remember now sorry Debra, quite a while. I was on medication for two years in total, so the prednisone must have been quite some time of that. I started on 60mg.

edit: i looked back on past posts and it was 18 months...AND I got it wrong doh! It was 10-7.5- 5 but then wrong. I have the worse memory these days very sorry. According to past posts I went 5mg and then down by 1mg every 3 weeks until finished.
    Last edited by MCC; 05-25-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Bing505z is offline Banned for being a douchebag
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is how I dropped the Pred':

- Jan 2014.... Started with a sinus infection
    - Feb 2014.... Hospitalization lead to diagnosis and placed on 80mg/day of Pred' and 20mg/day of CYC
    - Late Feb 2014.... Found the right Doc' and taken off 20mg/day of CYC and Pred' reduced to 60mg/day
    - First week of March.... First Rituxan treatment and Pred' reduced to 50mg/day
    - Second week of March.... Second treatment of Rituxan and Pred' reduced to 40mg/day
    - Third week of March.... Third treatment of Rituxan and Pred' reduced to 30mg/day
    - Fourth week of March.... Final treatment of Rituxan and Pred' reduced to 20mg/day
    - First week of April.... Pred' reduced to 10mg/day
    - Second week of April.... Pred’ reduced to 5mg/day
    - Third week of April.... Pred' reduced to 2.5mg/day
    - Fourth week of April.... No more nasty Pred'

By May I regained feeling in my feet and legs and was able to walk again. My sinuses and lungs are clear and I have returned to work. I work 12 hour rotating day and night shifts in an oil refinery. My job is outside and involves extreme physical activities including climbing structures of 100', lifting and controlling heavy objects, and walking more than 5 miles every shift. I was extremely sore and stiff the first several weeks and still am. Doc says the Pred' did that crap to me, but I’m driving on. Everyone can. Don’t let this defeat you.

Last edited by Bing505z; 05-23-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the Forum Bing thanks for sharing
    pred can make you raging. not was my case though but I know it can.
    you are not mean. it was just the pred.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123